What's new

Tell me about Floid blue

I'd like to hear your opinions on Floid blue. Thinking of picking some up, and wondering if it is comparable to Aqua Velva Blue. AV Blue is my favorite AS and if Floid Blue is just as good, similar, or better, I would really like to give it a go. Please offer up your thoughts and reviews of Floid Blue!

Maybe johnnypipe will see this and pop in. It's his all time favorite and from his SOTD posts I think he uses it about 5 days/wk if not more.

It has a more powdery smell than AV and is simply just plain good stuff. Any of the Floids are very good. If you like AV you will love Floid Blue.Its more reserved but an excellent performer without the sticky film residue.

I love it.

If I've got some irritation going I'll use it instead of one of my Bay Rums.
Very little to no sting, smooth, comfy, and smells like a classic barber shop!

Very good. Great scent, very good performance for me. A good price at about $10 per 100ML depending on where you buy it. An all around winner.

Absolutely
Completely different.... and to me, better, but that's subjective.

Most of these "Floid/AV" threads would not exist if Floid was not blue.

I personally LOVE Floid Blue. I have only been using since 11/20/11, but it has become my favorite AS. I am no expert, but to me it smells a bit citrusy(I don't usually like those scents). I honestly don't know how else to describe it.

I used it one day and went to a movie, and my brother's fiancee sat next to me. After the movie she noted that my aftershave really smelled nice once my blood got pumping during the movie.

I now know what to use to seduce a date. :001_smile

Foid Blue is the standard by which I compare all other aftershaves. While I have others that I really like a lot, nothing I have found really compares with Foid Blue. The scent is not overbearing, and girls seem to like it (I get compliments). The performance is unmatched. It feels great, leaving the skin feeling toned but not overly tight, smooth but not greasy at the end of the day.

You owe it to yourself to try it, at least a sampler.

Very good. Great scent, very good performance for me. A good price at about $10 per 100ML depending on where you buy it. An all around winner.

Yes.
At first I found it to be nearly exact. After wearing it a few times, I started to be able to tell the difference. Unfortunately I can't explain it.

I quoted the wrong post somehow..... That was intended to reply to the "is it better than Aqua Velva" question.

You might want to hurry up and pick up a bottle quick as I've seen some recent threads that they may have discontinued that product.

Floid Blue is the Ferrari to Aqua Velvas Corvette.
It's quite a bit more refined, less synthetic smelling, and much more soothing to my skin.

You might want to hurry up and pick up a bottle quick as I've seen some recent threads that they may have discontinued that product.

I saw that, too. Is that everywhere, or just one vendor? That's a terrifying thought if it is everywhere! :scared:

Everyone seems to be claiming that it is disco, but Royal seems to get it in every couple of months, and Meguires in the UK always has it listed on eBay.

Meguires works out to around $55 or so with shipping... but for a 400ml bottle, that's not bad at all, it's just a LOT of aftershave to buy all at once.
People whine about the price, but won't think twice about spending 1/2 that amount for 1/4 the quantity of other products.

Well, all of the good things I was going to say about this product have already been said. As one poster stated, I do use it at least 5-days per week, sometimes more. I too heard that they were going to discontinue making the Floid Blue so I am stockpiling it. I buy from either Royal or Italian Barber and at the current time I have 10 bottles on the shelf in the bathroom closet. I will continue to buy one bottle per month until one of three things happens; Inventory is depleted, I run out of money, or I die.

I don't know what else to say about it. I have not used Aqua Velva in years and probably never will again.

Top Bottom