What's new

Tell me about Floid blue

this is from 5/15/2011 from Italian Barber

proxy.php
ItalianBarber.com: May Update

This update is filled with a lot of information so I will try to keep things short, and to-the-point.

1) We confirmed that Floid Blue and Floid Sandolor Gel have been discontinued. We are lucky because we had an order in-transit prior to this news and on Tuesday evening we added more stock to the website for sale. We are working hard to procure the last stocks in Italy so these wonderful products are available to our customers for at least a little while longer.

I haven't used my Floïd blue for a while, until today - and I'd almost forgotten just how good it is.

My bottle is still pretty full, but I really think I should get another one while a few sellers still have it.

Floid Blue is Floid, it's blue, it's Italian, it has a powdery scent, it has a good amount of menthol to it, and they don't make it anymore; but you can still buy it if you are willing to pay for it. It is superior to Aqua Velva, as it has no lingering burned rubber smell (that's right, I said it.) Floid Blue is similar to Proraso in a lot of ways, but not quite as strong.

This thread has been helpful to me. I have a bottle of it coming from Italian Barber.

I highly recommend purchasing it there.

I pulled the trigger on:

Floid Blue
Cella (150g)
RazoRock Boston Tea Party

The latter two were on sale and put my total at $62. Free shipping!:001_smile

Any of you regular users of Floid Blue notice a different scent from recent stocks?

I had some in 2010, a few sample vials from Superlather IIRC, and I recall it having a very distinctive powdery scent on dry down, but the recent bottle I acquired seems to me to lack the powdery scent entirely.

Any of you regular users of Floid Blue notice a different scent from recent stocks?

I had some in 2010, a few sample vials from Superlather IIRC, and I recall it having a very distinctive powdery scent on dry down, but the recent bottle I acquired seems to me to lack the powdery scent entirely.

Sample vials can vary from the actual scent, depending on whether the vendor shook the bottle well before pouring them, or simply watered them down.

For some reason, I'm almost detecting a peppermint kind of feel after 10 hours or so... SWMBO doesn't get it though. To her, it reminds her of Canoe, or this "ocean somethingorother" type of English Leather (Wind Drift?) that I had in the 80s, though she may be misremembering because what I'm seeing on Basenotes for Wind Drift is nothing like Floid.

Top Bottom