What's new

Tell Me About Captian's Choice Bay Rum

I love Bay Rum as long as it isn't overwhelming with clove. What can you tell me about Captain's Choice soaps, especially their Bay Rum?

I'm like you. I love bay rum that is overpowering with clove. Sadly, this is not CC. It's a sweeter Bay Rum with vanilla and cinammon being the top notes. I would still say you should have it in your den. The scent is still pleasant and it's an outstanding performer.

If you're looking for more clove, I would suggest Ogallala soap (not as good a performer) and D.R. Harris Bay Rum Aftershave. The latter is what bay rum should smell like, IMO.

I'm like you. I love bay rum that is overpowering with clove. Sadly, this is not CC. It's a sweeter Bay Rum with vanilla and cinammon being the top notes. I would still say you should have it in your den. The scent is still pleasant and it's an outstanding performer.

If you're looking for more clove, I would suggest Ogallala soap (not as good a performer) and D.R. Harris Bay Rum Aftershave. The latter is what bay rum should smell like, IMO.
The OP *doesn't" want overpowering clove. Because of this, CCBR would be highly recommended, as it contains no clove at all. It's my second favorite BR, behind PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum, which also contains no clove.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The OP *doesn't" want overpowering clove. Because of this, CCBR would be highly recommended, as it contains no clove at all. It's my second favorite BR, behind PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum, which also contains no clove.

Misread that, sorry. What he said.

I enjoy Captain's Bay Rum, but I don't have any left at the moment, so I can't speak to any hint of clove. I can say that the performance is excellent.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I strongly dislike Ogallala Bay Rum. That's what I'm trying to avoid. Although I like DR Harris Lavender, I haven't cared for any of their other scents. If it is high clove I wouldn't want it.

Some people like high clove but it isn't my thing.

I'll look into Atomic Age Bay Rum.

I strongly dislike Ogallala Bay Rum. That's what I'm trying to avoid. Although I like DR Harris Lavender, I haven't cared for any of their other scents. If it is high clove I wouldn't want it.

Some people like high clove but it isn't my thing.

Yeah, DRH is high clove. Stay away from it. I misread your post and thought you liked clove. CC should be up your alley.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I'm a huge Captain's Choice fan...just not their Bay Rum. I own both CC Bay Rum and CC Cat-o-Nine Tails splash. I keep asking myself...how has Captain's Choice built an empire on these products? I'm going to keep using them. Maybe they will grow on me. They wouldn't be the first products to have done that.

Anyone have the Bay Rum soap or cream? Does it smell like the splash?

A new BR just reviewed is T+S's Indian Bay, with top notes of citrus and a good bay oil and allspice background. It's a great take on a conventional BR without the cloves.

I just got a sample of CC:Bay Rum from Maggards and it's a very, very clove dominated scent. In fact clove is just about the only thing I can smell if I'm sniffing the soap directly. Maybe the aroma dynamic changes as you lather it, but I'm not sure since I haven't shaved with it yet.

Top Bottom