What's new

Teetering on the brink of a pipe rabbit hole.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
@Wilkinsmooth ,You'll want some fluffy pipe cleaners in addition to the bristle ones. You will use the soft fluffy ones as you smoke if your pipe gurgles. I cut the soft ones with wire cutters or strong shears to make my own absorbent rings for my Falcons.

@Wilkinsmooth ,You'll want some fluffy pipe cleaners in addition to the bristle ones. You will use the soft fluffy ones as you smoke if your pipe gurgles. I cut the soft ones with wire cutters or strong shears to make my own absorbent rings for my Falcons.
Yes I’ll need to order another pack of slimmer ones anyway. Those ones do fit but are a little tight and they’re tapered.

I was just thinking about getting nail clippers to snip fishing line so I may be able to get a 2 pack.

I had my first almost full bowl of Sam Gawith best brown last night and smoked for well over an hour with a couple of relights and no tongue biting. A great recommendation I can see being a go to tobacco for me.

I think the tobacco has arrived relatively dry as I haven’t allowed it to dry for long and only had one gurgle, which cleared after I laid the pipe down for 10 minutes.

I drilled some 4mm holes in the lid of a Zyn nicotine pouches can to use as a tobacco dryer. I just need to remember to put the tobacco in it earlier in the evening.

I had my first almost full bowl of Sam Gawith best brown last night and smoked for well over an hour with a couple of relights and no tongue biting. A great recommendation I can see being a go to tobacco for me.

I think the tobacco has arrived relatively dry as I haven’t allowed it to dry for long and only had one gurgle, which cleared after I laid the pipe down for 10 minutes.

I drilled some 4mm holes in the lid of a Zyn nicotine pouches can to use as a tobacco dryer. I just need to remember to put the tobacco in it earlier in the evening.
Good to hear! You're starting off better than I did, and I had supplies from my earlier piping period.

I put my leaf out on a small saucer and leave it on the kitchen counter, 30 minutes or even longer before I plan to smoke. When I still had my cats, I put it over near the stove where they (usually) didn't climb. It occurs to me that I could use a kitchen knife to chop the Virginia flake into smaller bits as I do with lettuce for my salads.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I'll often dry my tobacco in the pipe. I pack the bowl as normal, but if it's damp to the touch, I'll put it aside, and pack another pipe with something drier instead. I'll probably smoke that first pipe the following day, or even the day after.

I'll only dry out tobacco before loading, if I know I've not currently got anything open that's ready to smoke.

Good to hear! You're starting off better than I did, and I had supplies from my earlier piping period.

I put my leaf out on a small saucer and leave it on the kitchen counter, 30 minutes or even longer before I plan to smoke. When I still had my cats, I put it over near the stove where they (usually) didn't climb. It occurs to me that I could use a kitchen knife to chop the Virginia flake into smaller bits as I do with lettuce for my salads.
Cats are also the reason for my little bit of extra care when I’m drying tobacco. One of them (Jimbo!)is more clumsy than a dog. He’s so poor at being a cat he doesn’t go out the garden, because he knows he would get lost. Should’ve called him Dumbo.

Great! Pure enjoyment and a great hobby. I’ve puffed for years. Sometimes on the golf course too.
I do like cigars, but one can’t resist a good Vaper. Louisiana Flake anyone?

Top Bottom