What's new

Ted Pella Shipping costs

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
I placed an order with Ted Pella the other day. They don't calculate shipping at checkout, they invoice you at the time of shipping. I didn't think much about it...until the invoice arrived. $15 shipping to a US address (Residential Ground) on a $20 purchase. Needless to say, I was not pleased. Chalk that up to lesson learned. I guess they tend to cater more to commercial clientele who are ordering in bulk, but still...dang.

The last time I ordered SE blades I ordered them from EMS. When you check out they give you several options including USPS Priority Mail. The shipping was less expensive than what I was charged by Ted Pella.

Last time I ordered blades from Ted Pella, I had them shipped to my office. As I recall, the shipping was free, as they were shipped to a commercial establishment. That was several years ago, so things might have changed...

brandaves

Last time I ordered blades from Ted Pella, I had them shipped to my office. As I recall, the shipping was free, as they were shipped to a commercial establishment. That was several years ago, so things might have changed...
I may have to inquire about that if I decide to order from them again...as it stands now I think I'll be looking elsewhere in the future.

you think thats bad when I bought a £48 razor from the states the shipping was £16 then the customs clearance was £22 still a good razor though .

Are they even legally allowed to do that?

I thought all online stores need to give to total cost including shipping before you pay???

brandaves

My ted fella order was around 40 bucks...shipping by Fedex ground from CA to NJ
was $8.75
I just don't get it...I'm closer to CA then NJ. I don't know how FedEx survives. They are so ridiculously overpriced when compared to UPS and USPS.

Most of what I would get from Ted Pella is available from Connaught and priced well. Cheapest to buy US made stuff from UK sometimes I guess. Free shipping it would seem if you cross the pond twice.

I do remember someone posting an issue like this with them a year or two ago...
I’m in the camp of wanting to know the shipping/total costs before I put in my payment info. I haven’t had that situation come up but I think if I did I would call and ask them to price it out and send me an invoice to pay.

I hear ya, but thankfully the diamond paste will last a LONG time! Cost me about $16.00 for shipping from CA to WA. Guessing Fedex Home Delivery wasn't the best option... next time I'll e-mail them first and see if they can't ship via USPS.

Thought I'd chime in here for November 2020. I bought one pack of 200 single edge blades. Ted Pella shipping (1.5 lbs) to residential address in VA was $17.70!

Top Bottom