What's new

Ted Pella Injector loader

ok, just gave myself a serious cut in my hand, and noticed that the ted pella injector loader isnt straight, its slightly tilted, the blade went in tilted, the old blade went out tilted, cut my hand, plus i had to manualy allign the blade in the injector,

imnot buying these again

oh no! I'm sorry to hear that.. thanks for the warning, I was about to purchase some injector blades from them, as I just purchased some SE blades little while back.

actually, i was wondering if this is standart or i got a defective loader, so i wanted to see if someone else had these, or if theres a special trick,

Used several Pella and Schick loaders - no difference.

I've always had to fiddle with the alignment a bit - especially in the older brass-headed razors.

I have had the white plastic holder detach but never had a blade problem. My advice would be to try it on another razor, if you have one. Barring that, be careful any possible try and open the blade channel in the razor with a toothpick when you try and insert the blade...

Those new fangled injector contraptions are just too complicated for shaving.

Reminds me of the Englishwoman who was quoted as saying: "If god had wanted me to fly he wouldn't have invented trains". My variation: "If god had wanted me to use a safety razor he/she wouldn't have invented the straight". :smile:

Seriously though - sorry to hear about the cut on your hand. :frown:

Lou

My understanding is they are the same as Personna Injector blades and the same magazine.
They are absolutely not dull but I have had a few magazines fall apart on me. I keep empties for such occasions.

As far as preference goes it depends on the razor which blades work best. I like the Personna in my Schick G
but I liked the Chinese Chicks in my Pal Injectomatic.

The blades are good IMHO, but the injector is not. I prefer chicks. The blades are a little sharper and the injector is much better made. I have not tried the new Supply blades with the plastic key yet.

I don't understand that, having never tried Derby Extras.

When it comes to DE blades there's a general understanding that YMMV. When it comes to injector blades that seems to go out the window. Chick blades are not better than Personna blades per say. It depends on the razor, even more so than DE razors IMO. I can accept some people don't like Personna/Ted Pella blades but to claim they are dull or best avoided is plain misleading. The plastic magazines can be iffy although in my experience most work fine, some fall apart for no apparent reason.

Just to clarify - I did not say Personnas are dull or anything like that. Certainly not that they should be avoided. But to me "Chick" blades are the golden standard and are also available in many local stores. They are simply great. There is less variety of Injector blades than DE blades, but Chicks are not expensive, they are sharp without being harsh, last a long time; they are easy to find, the magazines are excellent. They are great performers, simple as that.

I say the same thing about Personna SS Coated GEM blades. If you like GEM format, buy those and you're pretty much set. They are the golden standard for GEM.

When it comes to DE blades there's a general understanding that YMMV. When it comes to injector blades that seems to go out the window. Chick blades are not better than Personna blades per say. It depends on the razor, even more so than DE razors IMO. I can accept some people don't like Personna/Ted Pella blades but to claim they are dull or best avoided is plain misleading. The plastic magazines can be iffy although in my experience most work fine, some fall apart for no apparent reason.
We agree. In my younger years I used the store branded Personna blades more than the Schicks because they were cheaper. Nowadays the aggravation of the injector case isn't worth the savings.

And how do Derby Extra come into play?

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
My own experience is that the modern Personna's (and the rebranded progeny) aren't as effective on a thick beard, as well as their containers being something well south of robust in function. I've been using injectors, off and on as they say, since the 1960's. Now, give me this Personna & I'll be happy ..

1586827621510.png

We agree. In my younger years I used the store branded Personna blades more than the Schicks because they were cheaper. Nowadays the aggravation of the injector case isn't worth the savings.

And how do Derby Extra come into play?

If anyone tried to suggest Derby Extra or any other DE blade, was the one to buy over any other they would be challenged. Personal preference is fine. Same goes for Injector blades. YMMV and all that. Many people on this Forum like Personna blades and have used them for years.

I'll say it again re different razors. A Pal Injectomatic with a Personna blade is a good razor. With a Chick blade it becomes a magnificent whisker whacker. Gimme a Personna in my Schick G any day though.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have used Schicks & Personna injector blades and Personna is sharper and Schick blades are smoother & not as sharp but are great none the less. The secret to loading a Personna blade with their plastic & Aluminum loader is to wiggle it up or down a little until it starts to dislodge the old blade, works every time for me. I like both different blades but I'm starting to like the Personna's a little more because they smooth out later and last longer IMO.

Personna injector blades (2).jpg Personna version of their loader.You get 20 blades in their loader.

s-l225 (2).jpg Schick blades are smooth and sharp & expensive compared to Personna brand.
Have some great blades!

If you like the Personna blades (I don't) but hate the injector magazine (it's terrible), get an empty Schick mag and load new Personna blades into it - problem solved. That Schick magazine isn't going to fall apart or become misaligned. Some of the Pella mags don't come with keys for the razor head and this is a perfect way to utilize those blades. You may have to invest in a Schick magazine, but it's money well spent in the long run if you want to stick with Personna.

Top Bottom