What's new

Ted Pella- injector blade question.

I have seen these mentioned and was wondering how the quality is compared to the regular schick injector blades. Just got my first adjustable injector and had an awesome shave with the schick the first shave with QED Lime and had a terrible(couldnt finish) with superlather KMF patchouli and an Ebayer patchouli soap. I want to say it was the lather but finished -actually started with the gillette slim and the shave was fine. Very odd on the 2nd shave. But question is...are Ted Pella blades that much better or any better or who has the best injector blades. Price is not an issue. Thanks

Guess i will order the pella blades and pray for the best! injectors i know are a rare breed so I will take my chances. the first shave was flawless and hopefully will get better!

PM your address and I'll throw an injector with at least two blades left in the mail. That way you can answer the question for me. I have never used anything but Pella blades so I have no idea.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I'll get the standard disclaimer out of the way first: results may vary, blah, blah, blah...

I started out using Personna injector blades, and they were just okay. I found the Schicks to be a big step up in quality, and have used them for years. Recently, thanks to the largesse of Johnniegold, I was introduced to the Pellas, and there's no turning back. They're the only injector blades that allow me to go ATG smoothly, and they provide a fine shave in a flash. A simple one-pass WTG yields an acceptable shave- I don't get that from anything else.

The blades come in the crappiest case I've ever seen. What a shame- you may lose a few. I transferred them into an old steel Schick case.

The Pellas have caused me to rethink the whole injector thing, and I like them.

I'll get the standard disclaimer out of the way first: results may vary, blah, blah, blah...

I started out using Personna injector blades, and they were just okay. I found the Schicks to be a big step up in quality, and have used them for years. Recently, thanks to the largesse of Johnniegold, I was introduced to the Pellas, and there's no turning back. They're the only injector blades that allow me to go ATG smoothly, and they provide a fine shave in a flash. A simple one-pass WTG yields an acceptable shave- I don't get that from anything else.

The blades come in the crappiest case I've ever seen. What a shame- you may lose a few. I transferred them into an old steel Schick case.

The Pellas have caused me to rethink the whole injector thing, and I like them.

What he said. I was pretty happy with the way they shaved, and i had been using the schick blades before. My only complaint is how cheap the case is. Instead of all metal like the schick it's part plastic and part metal and i don't know about yours, but mine come apart from time to time.

i was using german schick blades in my injectors, and the tell pellas seemed incredebly dull to me,

The Pella blades can't be beat - great blades and great price.

The only blades I like better are the NOS Schick blades I have a stock of - they're a touch smoother on the first shave, but that's the only difference.

I recently got some Pella's. Haven't shaved with them yet but did load one in the GF's injector. Getting the blade loaded was pretty rough compared to my NOS magazines. I never thought of transferring the Pella's into an old magazine. Sounds like a great idea. Is it difficult to do?

Just push the blade in the top, slide the notch backwards. Press the blade down with a small screwdriver. It is not difficult, but it is time consuming.

I get good shaves with the Pellas. I will have schick injector blades for my next shave. So if they're better, they must be really good.

Top Bottom