What's new

Ted Baker shaving cream

Hello all. I just wondered whether anyone had tried Ted Baker shaving cream? I came across it in a department store a couple of days ago; had no idea they made shaving creams before then!

The smell was incredible (IMO) - a mellow, sort of modern cologne scent, that reminded me a lot of a fancy Chanel number my girlfriend gave me once. The cream was pretty expensive: from memory, I think it was in the region of £8 (c.$13.00)for a 150mil tube.

I tried it and had a bad reaction, my face started to burn and went red. Not fun. It's brush-less, just so you know. No lathering or anything like that. Just use hands and apply.

I tried it and had a bad reaction, my face started to burn and went red. Not fun. It's brush-less, just so you know. No lathering or anything like that. Just use hands and apply.

Ouch! I wonder if it's a new product though, as the one I looked at definitely said it required to be lathered with a brush. Still, won't be going out of my way to try it...and in fact, have a Ted Baker shirt that just shrunk like crazy in the wash, so not feeling particularly well-disposed toward them at the moment.

Just bought this cream, it smells really nice but I am yet to use it. I also wanted to clarify that this cream is NOT a brush-less cream. The packaging clearly states that you should use a shaving brush.

Let me know how it goes. I'm pretty easily (too easily) won over by creams on the basis of smell, so am intrigued to know how it performs before I think about getting hold of some...

I used this last night, and will be using it later as I always test creams/soaps for several shaves before making any decisions. So far my thoughts are:

Lathering: Easy. Bowl lathered and created a thick lather with ease no problem.

Performance: Reminded me of the Maca Root shaving cream in terms of performance.

Scent: This is where it falls down. Kinda teenage boy smell IMO so I think it'll get used as and when but I won't buy it again.

Also I spent about 2mins and transferred the entire can into a container that I preferred, no damage done as far as I can see. If anything changes I'll update.

Interesting, i know they did a set last christmas with a mug and brush.

Although at this price i won't be picking it up :(

Top Bottom