What's new

Technivorm coffee maker Glass carafes

I have gotten a lot of good advice on many subjects on B/B, including coffee grinders and coffee presses., and of course shaving ( got my grandson(S) and son in law hooked on wet shaving with safety razors!)
Technivrom coffee makers are held in such high regard, I bought one and am using one with a glass carafe. Great for Guests, although I still prefer my press.
Appareently the Dutch know how to make a superior Coffee maker; coffee from my machine gets raves from guests.
Now, if those Technivorm people only knew how to temper glass. The glass carafe on my machine, is so stressed that it shattered at a slight " bumping . I have to handle the damn replacement carafe as if it were an egg shell inside the Holy Grail. Anyone have the same problem? Suggestions as to an after market substitute.? Or any substitute?
Also ,am dealing with Sweet Marias, and am very pleased with them in every aspect! . More later on my latest obsession ,a coffee Roaster .
Thanks connman- Art Cummings

Technivorm requires you to clean the coffee maker often with their cleaning mix. It is a great machine, rebuilds are usually under $100. Glass is a risk, so if you prefer non-breakable carafes order one of their stainless steel instead. I would call Technivorm directly and ask about recommendation for a new model and be prepared to make offer in cash for new machine if they choose a discount a loyal customer. Ship back the old machine and have it serviced and gift to someone you like, a friend, relative or someone new getting into coffee or a local church. The electronics and copper heater should last a lifetime.

Tom from Sweet Marias is excellent to deal with. Ethiopian is what I like, and someone who enjoys home roasting said Yemen and Guatemalans are up there. Honestly while I know green roasting is possible I would much rather pay top dollar for specialty grade beans and have them shipped to my house.

You should contact George Howell of Acton, MA. He often does cupping sessions and opens the doors to the public with a video presentation, movie about coffee quality and usually some trips to his coffee estates. I think his daughter Jennifer is going to be taking over, she started her own line at Alchemy.

About Technivorm, George carried those, and switched over to Bona. You can contact him and I'm sure they would help you select a new machine.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Well, the Technivorm stainless carafes are as lame as the machine, I wish mine would die so's I could justify another drip machine .. but maybe they are as resilient as this thread ..

Top Bottom