What's new

TECH Tuesday

I have a fat handled Tech, the head on it is great, but the handle while being "ultra shiny" has some black spots where the finish has worn off, it looks hideous.

I might change the handle, if i can find a cheap one.

Post it here... If there are no objections. People have already been submitting photo's!!! How cool is that?!?!

hey dougieb for 2moro is it ok to post like a shave of the day pic in this thread with are techs? or will you be making a tech tuesday thread specifically for that?

awsome idea again really think my tech is my fav razor now.

I am going to share my TECH story tonight in preperation for TECH Tuesday's.

I was playing along with the "Open Comb March" thing. Really enjoying myself too. I have a Gillette OLD and a Gillette Long Comb NEW. I had a Short Comb NEW with a bent tooth that I received as a PIF. I straightened the comb used it a couple of times and just today... dropped it in the mail as a PIF. I set it free back into the B&B community with a stipulation that the recipient use it for a month and then PIF it under the same terms... look for it in a month or two. (I was a bit of a slacker in getting it out in the mail!!!)

Anyway... I went into a local thrift store making my rounds... and what do I see in the display case. A very very good condition un-boxed user grade + Fat Handle TECH for $4.99. Up to that moment the TECH was my 3rd favorite shaver behind the LC NEW and the OLD. This TECH was in as good or better shape than any razor I have and for 5 bucks, I had to have it. The next day... I was overcome with the urge to try it out... That was the end of open comb March.

The shave's have been awesome. I can't get this thing to irritate me. I do spring a leak occasionally though (weepers).

This morning I did a pass and a half shave and got a good shave. (Better than any shave I ever got with a cartridge!)

This is now my favorite razor. I am in the process of thinning the herd. Just PIF'd one and traded two. I think I am going to be down to 2 razor's when I am done. Fat Handle TECH and a user grade Long Comb NEW.

The Fat Handle TECH (with triangle slots) is my Gilligan razor. Should I ever take an ill fated 3 hour tour and get stranded on a desert island, this is the razor I would take with me.View attachment 233179

This morning I got another amazing shave from my Open-Comb Old. I came out of the shower to find that the mailman had delivered my triangle-slot fat handle tech. We live in amazing times my friends.

My first Tech Experience will take place on the Premier "Tech Tuesday."

Rock & Roll

This morning I got another amazing shave from my Open-Comb Old. I came out of the shower to find that the mailman had delivered my triangle-slot fat handle tech. We live in amazing times my friends.

Wish I could find a decent fat handled Tech. I've got a birth year 1954 and a 38 - 41 both in ball end. The older one being my favorite.

Awesome... Enjoy your shave... The triangle slot fat handle is my favorite razor of all time! It's a smooth experience.

So here are the names proposed for this little bit of madness that starts in 56 minutes... TECH Tuesday's

TECHY’s.....................................................DougieB
TECH heads ...............................................DougieB
TECH no Maniac .........................................DougieB
TECH users group TUG .................................DougieB
TECH Savvy Shavers ...................................DougieB
TECH no crats ............................................DougieB
Insane TECH Possy ......................................DougieB
Technotronics .............................................Alex2363
TECH Enthusiasts Coalition Hangout (TECH)..... Mendel
The United TECH Alliance ...............................Mendel
The World TECH Association ...........................Mendel
Technocrats ................................................ateace
Techaholics .................................................jonty
strolling thru the night with are techs in ther holsters ready to shave the unshaven.

Techinati .....................................................mos6502
Techsburg Empire ..........................................mos6502
Techsans .....................................................mos6502
high tech bandits ...........................................jonty

Has-Techs ....................................................mrchilli
a loyal group of followers who regularly sacrifice whiskers to King Gillette?

TAG for tech appreciation group .........................jonty
Order of Techdom ...........................................OkieStubble
Tech-nician ...................................................mdevine

There are some great suggestions here!

Last edited:
I love my Techs. I have two ball-end Techs (one with box), and a recently acquired British Tech. Personally, I find them very elegant--simple, well-made, easy to use, and forgiving. That's pretty much everything I look for in a razor. For those who like a more aggressive shave, fine. But for a quality, mild razor, there is NOTHING like a Tech, especially for the money.

im waiting on the postman hopefully my cella and proraso pre/post will come and then tech tuesday is on lol.

$120403-134253.jpg todays shave used cold water it was different very nice.

1977 british aluminium tech.
cella crema da barba.
omega 10098.
tesco blade. israeli personna rebranded.
proraso balm.

Last edited:
As if the postie somehow 'knew' it was Tech Tuesday, he delivered my '56 silver Tech today!! I already knew the Tech had a good following and today I discovered why! I'm not sure if it should be sitting on a shelf with the other shaving gear or in an art gallery! What a STYLISH bit of kit! The next question was 'does it shave as good as it looks?. I loaded it with a Derby an lathered up... The first thing I noticed was how friendly it was on the skin. It doesn't feel like it's mowing anything down (I almost had to check if I'd remembered to put a blade in) , but a fingertip inspection shown that it was getting right down...to the wood! VERY VERY close to a BBS just over a month back into DE shaving...the results speak for themselves! As for 'driving' around the face map, it's flies along the straights and has fantastic handling on the corners. 'Under the nose' and other awkward places are no longer a problem with this little beauty in hand. A BIG thanks to Krona' for the great deal and Happy Tech Tuesday to everyone!

$tech.jpg

Used a tech today for tech Tuesday loaded with a Gillette Yellow. First pass went well, felt very little stubble reduction, but was very smooth..second pass smooth, but cut myself near my jawline! I never get weepers or cuts and here I am with one of the mildest razors and BAM...get a cut...I blame myself though...I'm sure for using the R41 as my primary razor for the last 5-6 weeks that I applied more pressure to the tech when I wasn't feeling and getting the stubble reduction I have come to expect.

I finished off my passes with a R41 loaded with a derby....

I will try again next Tuesday and see if my tech experience improves....

Top Bottom