Post Shave: Duke Cannon, After-Shave Balm

Tech Tuesday shave

Cella red, tub
Omega 10049 Professional boar brush
Gillette Pre-war Fat Handle Tech
Astra Superior Platinum (2)
Omega Alum block
Lucky Tiger aftershave

This was a usual three pass shave. The Cella lather was better than usual.
It was a very close shave, no irritation.

9.25/10

Enjoy your day (or night) and your shaves! :badger:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Tech Tuesday
20230214_194953~2.jpg

Razor: Gillette Canada Pre-War Tech (@Rosseforp GTS 25g Handle)
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: @apshaveco Candy Stripe (AP Shave Co 26mm MiG)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Goodfellas Smile Sea Citrus
Aftershave: Epsilon Mediterranean Blue
Fragrance: Verse Adonis EdP Spray
20230214_195106~2.jpg

Superb razor and Tech Tuesday shave! :cool:

The link below takes you to my journal, which has full notes for this shave and more: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12130327

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
One Blade in February
Tech Tuesday
Daily Double

Razor:
Ontario Cutlery
Razor: 1947 Flat Bottom Tech
Blade: Gillette Platinum (8)
Brush: Omega 622 Silvertip
Soap: The Wanderer
ASL: Pinaud Classic Vanilla
20230214_194643.jpg

Great shave tonight.
I used the Ontario Cutlery for a couple of WTG and XTG passes on my face, then finished up with three more passes on my neck and face with my 1947 FBT.
WTG, ATG, then WTG to finish up, lathering up in between each pass.
The Ontario Cutlery left some stubble on my face for my FBT, but it was comfortable and gentle on my skin.
The 1947 Tech is such a pleasure to use, there is no wonder it keeps popping up in my regular rotation. Comfortable and efficient, it is the Top Tech of all my techs.
The Witch hazel felt smooth, the Classic Vanilla had nary a sting, and the Nivea balm finished up a superb shave.

Have a Great Shave

~doug~

Morning all. I tried the Tech yesterday for the first time on just over 2 days growth. Previously it was 1 or 2 days, this time 3 and a half days maybe. Blade was Gillette Wilkinson so quite sharp. I did find the shave involved a lot of tugging and required a lot more work to get a suitable finish. Would this be more to do with still not mastering the right angle? Or is it not cut out for longer whiskers and more of a day or two driver?

Morning all. I tried the Tech yesterday for the first time on just over 2 days growth. Previously it was 1 or 2 days, this time 3 and a half days maybe. Blade was Gillette Wilkinson so quite sharp. I did find the shave involved a lot of tugging and required a lot more work to get a suitable finish. Would this be more to do with still not mastering the right angle? Or is it not cut out for longer whiskers and more of a day or two driver?
Could be or you need yet a sharper blade. I have seen guys taking on a week’s worth of growth with a Tech. They combined it with a Nacet or Feather I recall.

Cheers,

Guido

Could be or you need yet a sharper blade. I have seen guys taking on a week’s worth of growth with a Tech. They combined it with a Nacet or Feather I recall.

Cheers,

Guido
Thank you. Just doing a few dry runs for when I go away next month. I'll most likely be shaving every few days then so want to get the suffering out the way now! Will go Nacet next time.

Thank you. Just doing a few dry runs for when I go away next month. I'll most likely be shaving every few days then so want to get the suffering out the way now! Will go Nacet next time.
And I think a key to success can also be to use very short neutral strokes. But at least very short. Also helps with blade longevity.

Cheers and happy experimenting,

Guido

TECH Tuesday SOTD
SOTD-BRG-P_2023-02-28.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac "Kleiner Bayer" 14/42 Silvertip D01 2-Band
Soap: Clubman
Razor: Gillette Flat Bottom Tech GT
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Ninja (19)
ASL: Pashana American Bay Rum [hair and scalp tonic :crazy:]

Another great shave. :biggrin:

I'm wondering what razor I'll be using for the FFFMM tomorrow.:001_unsur I'll sure miss my FBT in March.:crying:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Top Bottom