What's new

FS Tech Tock, Time to Go, Techs & Brushes

Techs and other safety bar razors, as well as natural fiber brushes.

I just don’t shave with safety bar razors anymore, so out they go. Same with natural fiber brushes.

The first eleven razors are all $15 each, the next five are as marked.

I will pay shipping and PayPal fees and toss in a fresh 5-pack of blades (your choice of Kai, SharpEdge,or GSB with each razor – I might have a few packs of PSBs around, too, but limited to first-call-first-served).

1 Pre-war (triangle)

2 1951, W1, etched cap, plastic handle

3 post war (S) wear on the head and lots of brassing on handle

4 1955, A4, etched cap

5 1965, K3, embossed cap, Maggard bulldog handle

6 1967, M1, Travel Tech

7 1967, M4, Travel Tech

8 1950s Silver Star, some cap wear

9 Pearl, new, Hibco

10 Pearl, first gen, Quinn Elite stone handle

11 Unmarked 4 piece travel razor in leather case (marked Germany)
Techs Plus.JPG Tech Tops.JPG

1 $50, 1958, D3, Fatboy, brassing on doors and handle (wear, but not flaking) broken case included

2 $75, 1960, F2, Fatboy, very clean (two small marks), very good case closes but doesn’t snap

3 $35, 1964, J2, Slim, very clean

4 $35, late model EJ DE 89G with SABI T2 handle (with some silvering near bottom of handle)

5 $75, iKon Deluxe open comb plus Standard baseplate (bought this a couple of years ago from Michael Hamm (@Leisureguy), very good condition
Razors 2nd Group.JPG 2nd Group Tops.JPG Fatboy D3 and Case.JPG Fatboy D3 Door.JPG

Two lots of natural bristle brushes are $100 each lot:

Ready to Roll –

Rooney Style 3 Size 2, Silvertip, circa 2012

Vie Long 139066 Horse hair 50% mane and tail

SABI #15 Opaline Silvertip, maybe 2013, Joe said Frank Shaving was making his brushes then

Eveready, C4, Boar, 1960s? I bought it about five years ago as NOS but it might not be, although I have never used it
Brushes Ready to Roll.JPG Ready to Roll Tops.JPG
“Roll Your Own”

Rubberset 400/3, should clean up very nicely, Virginia Sheng 24mm silvertip knot

Rubberset B1(?) with 19mm Virginia Sheng horse hair knot. Our old pal, Juan (@DrDulcamara) did a spectacular job on one of these back in 2013 – I was inspired (see pic in next post), but it isn’t going to happen now.

USA (can’t see a name) butterscotch and cream, 20mm Virginia Sheng silvertip knot
Roll Your Own.JPG Roll your own Tops.JPG

@drdulcamara's Rubberset B1 as an example of what can be done:
DrDulcamera Brush.JPG Juan's pic, not mine, and, of course, not part of this sale.

I was asked for some more pics of the iKon; safety bars and teeth are all straight, no wavy blade, but there is a very slight scuff on the top cap that the camera will not pick up:
P1020782.JPG P1020783.JPG This is the matte silver finish, which may be a coating, or it may be bead blasted: I have heard both, but cannot detect evidence of a finish on this set.

Tom

Razors #1, 4, and 8 in group 1 are sold.
Razor #5 in group 2 is sold.

Does the editing function go away after a specific time? I tried to edit the original post but couldn't find a way.
Thank you,
Tom

Top Bottom