What's new

Tech obsession

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Nothing wrong with a little Tech obsession. Here are a few of mine, maybe half. These are all USA -- maybe one UK.

full

No contract techs in there. I've got a bunch of cased sets in a box somewhere.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Sunday 20210328
Razor: Gillette Tech/NEW Hybrid (England) (Charcoal Goods Copper Dimpled Handle)
Blade: Kai (3)
20210328_203957~2.jpg

English Gillette Tech/NEW Hybrid paired with a Charcoal Goods Copper Dimpled Handle and Kai blade. Smooth, effective and elegant. :001_wub:

Hey guy's...random question.how aggressive are techs compared to say a gillette old type? I'm new to the world of vintage gillette's and I'm about to start bidding on a tech and I'm just curious ay.

Hey guy's...random question.how aggressive are techs compared to say a gillette old type? I'm new to the world of vintage gillette's and I'm about to start bidding on a tech and I'm just curious ay.
Not sure about the Gillette old type. The only vintage Gillette’s that I currently have are the techs pictured in the OP and an Otto Roth branded Gillette new LC. The new type seems to be a little more aggressive than the techs to me. Some people say that the prewar techs are slightly more aggressive than the postwar versions but I haven’t noticed any difference between the two. Definitely try a tech though

The Techs are considerably milder than the Old Types, but can deliver a close shave despite that. If you have used a Gillette Slim Adjustable, the pre-war Tech might be around a 4. I think the post-war Techs are a bit milder, though not everyone agrees on that.

Some people will say the Tech is "too mild for them" or even "useless". Learn to shave well with the Tech and you will find that it works great. Use a sharp blade such as Feather or even Personna Med Prep and keep the shaving angle in the narrow sweet spot.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Well I guess I couldn’t help myself. Just received another tech. Dated 3rd quarter of 1956 along with a travel case set. Only paid $25 plus shipping. The razor is probably the best quality of all the techs in my collection
That looks practically brand new. Good find.

Top Bottom