What's new

Teavana is Killing Me!

I've used Adagio, and Upton and both are top notch. I'm an Upton regular, though...Two of my fav's:
proxy.php

proxy.php

Steve

Holy smokes, this thread is 8 years old, but it’s tea related so I’m in. Teavana is apparently closing it’s retail outlets, not sure if they will still have an online presence. I guess Starbucks didn’t like the competition.

Anyway, there are some awesome alternatives to Teavana, and they are usually better priced; Teavana is generally grossly overpriced.

American Tea Room has some excellent options; I’m quite fond of their Breakfast Blend:
Notting Hill English Breakfast Organic Black Tea

Art Of Tea, Harney & Sons and Whispering Pines have some really unique and compelling options - I enjoyed The Jabberwocky - Spring 2017 earlier today.

Steve

I just got back into tea , 2 cups daily, harney and taylor beakfast or black assam. I like harneys pricing, as i can get an 8 oz bag less than taylors, and i have 2 tins already to put it in. Working my way to some oolong tea. I was given some spice tea for holidays , maybe this year ill try it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Holy smokes, this thread is 8 years old, but it’s tea related so I’m in. Teavana is apparently closing it’s retail outlets, not sure if they will still have an online presence. I guess Starbucks didn’t like the competition.
Steve

Starbucks owns Teavana.

I just got back into tea , 2 cups daily, harney and taylor beakfast or black assam. I like harneys pricing, as i can get an 8 oz bag less than taylors, and i have 2 tins already to put it in. Working my way to some oolong tea. I was given some spice tea for holidays , maybe this year ill try it.

Agree... Harney's is good stuff.

Bump. Starbucks has their own tea line so they simply purchased Teavana to get rid of the competition. The problem is that my wife who loves Teavana teas hates the Starbucks teas. I see that as a big problem for Starbucks. This acquisition suggests to some other entrepreneur that it would be smart to open up a competitor tea company. Replicate the Teavana formula and put stores all over the place and Starbucks could be knocking at your door again.

And my wife and I also agree that Harney Tea is excellent. I am not much of a tea drinker and had never heard of their teas until I met the wife of the owner on a real estate transaction. She's a great person and a diligent broker. And I went home with a box of Harney Teas to bring to my wife. Very nice.

There are so many on-line sources for tea, that there is no reason to lower ones standards by going to Starbucks.

Top Bottom