What's new

Teaching Her To Use Pasted Balsa Strops

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
In these difficult times, it is hard to find an experienced personal valet so I have decided to teach my housemaid to do my pasted balsa stropping.

I will start her off on a spare Gold Dollar I have lying around and see how she goes. It's always good teaching people new skills (and will give me even more free time).

If this works out, it should work well for my future seven-day set. She can just do the balsa stropping once a week.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Careful now. Herman Melville's short story (or novella) "Benito Cereno" might make for worthwhile reading before venturing further.
I am familiar with the story. No problem for me. My housemaid is well paid at PHP 100 per hour.

Man! I’d teach her how to shave me rather than how to maintain my shaving equipment.

Agreed. To each his own, but my wife will never strop my razors... Too risky, she does not have any idea about how dangerous and delicate a carbon straight razor blade is. Plus I enjoy doing it myself.

On the other hand, I would love to teach her how to shave me.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
So for 100 php per hour what are her chores since you do your own cooking? Is she live in or just put in an 8 hour day?
She does not live in and works 3 to 4 hours each day 4 days per week. Tasks include; all house cleaning, washing up, make bed, washing and ironing, food shopping, etc.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Well, you DID use the plural, "girlfriends", after all. Don't let them meet up. I hear they like to turn unfaithful stallions into geldings.
The secret is to ensure that each girl is from a different island and never from your own island. They are never allowed to visit me unless prearranged.

I don't think I would trust any one of my girlfriends with a straight razor near my throat. Filipinas often have a nasty hidden jealousy streak inside of them.

Is your Pilipina housekeeper one of your girlfriends ?!

When I was a sailor in the 1980's, I looked for dexterity with
a butterfly knife as well as mob connections, in selecting a girlfriend.
That way, I could go anywhere.

No. One of the golden rules of business is "never dip your nib in the company ink".

Well then, why shouldn't she be shaving you?

That's the only way she's really going to be able to understand
what kind of an edge she is trying to achieve, I think.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Well then, why shouldn't she be shaving you?
Because she is not going to be allowed to learn to SR save on my face. Our hospitals are busy enought now as it is.
That's the only way she's really going to be able to understand what kind of an edge she is trying to achieve, I think
I agree, however I would prefer to test her edges myself on my own face and then correct her pasted balsa stropping technique. That way I will hopefully get the edge that is to my shave-ready standard.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
In these difficult times, it is hard to find an experienced personal valet so I have decided to teach my housemaid to do my pasted balsa stropping.

I will start her off on a spare Gold Dollar I have lying around and see how she goes. It's always good teaching people new skills (and will give me even more free time).

If this works out, it should work well for my future seven-day set. She can just do the balsa stropping once a week.
You dog! 😂

Top Bottom