What's new

Teach me to vape

Iv been into the whole vape thing for a little while and finally got some of my first build able stuff and realize I have no clue what I'm doing, how to make a coil and figure all the omhs and volts, how to load the cotton and when to change it out bought my Kranger and the istick new and love it cause it has an option to be built and the mechanical I got from a freind for 20 bucks so any help at all on how to build this stuff would be great! Thanks! $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428370925.782145.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428370959.396157.jpg

Also, are you planning on rebuilding the Subtank RTA or are you going to just buy more stock coils? Because that's kind of a different beast than your RDA. Different deck, different wicking method, etc.

Hoping I can just jump in on this thread as oppossed to opening a new one as the same issues are a little blurry for me too. I've been vaping for around a week & enjoying it but I've not got my head around all the options.

My current set up is a Smok xpro M80 pro with a Lemo drop atomiser.
http://smoktech.com/product_10137.html
http://www.eleafworld.com/product/detail.php/lemo-drop-atomizer.html
Wicking and coil material was gifted to me. The wicking is Japanese orgainic cotton, the coil wire I'm not sure on but was gifted as suitable starter microcoil guage and appears to match the free sample that was included in the Lemo Drop box.

I started off a little too eager and ending up wrecking both the stock wick and coil. I'm currently on my second attempt at a homeamade mircocoil and have been playing around with wicks. A few questions:

Ohm meter? my Smok mod gives an ohm readout when I screw in the atomoizer, do I need a seperate ohm meter? What's the worst that can happen.....wrecked coil, wrecked mod, dragons?

My current, homemade, microcoil reads around 0.88ohms, the last one was around 1ohm are there any charts guides for <1.5Ohms? I've found some resources but they are a few years old and concentrate on >1.5Ohm.....the stock coil was around 1.1ohms.

I think I damaged some coils/wicks/throats ramping up the wattage too far, took me a few days to realise my 80 watt device in the current setup is best nearer 10% than 25-50% wattage. Currently vaping with 10 watts @ ~3V. If I was wanting to up the watts, because I can, what direction do I move in? Dual/tri/quad micro coils/macro coils/nano coils/heavier wire/lighter wire/airflow/wicking & stuff I've not thought of....

Top Bottom