What's new

tea

OK, tea is not as uber-manly as coffee or *gasp* hard liquir, but anybody else like tea? I'm a big time caffeine junky so usually need some coffee or an energy drink in the morning but I often drink tea later in the day or at night.

There are basicly 3-4 different teas I like. English Breakfast/Assam, Earl Grey, any Oolong tea (Tae Kwan Yin is my favorite), and I like Dragon Well (Longjin) green tea. Once in a while gunpowder green with mint sweetened up is also nice, and makes a good ice tea too. I don't take milk in any of my teas, usually no sugar either.

I think straight gunpowder green, brewed for a good 5 minutes, takes the cake as the most manly beverage. If you can drink that straight, you can drink anything. And unlike most things in life, it's healthy for you too.

Strong 'English' style tea.

In a pint mug.

With milk and 2 sugars please.

All day, every day.

Tea is my 'soft' drink of choice.

Cheers

Mat

I like a good Dragon Pearl Jasmine. My grocery has some in bulk at $40 a pound, which makes this buyable in small quantities. It just makes every other Jasmine tea seem bitter by comparson

Earl Grey, English breakfast, green tea (real w/o sweetener) are a few of my favs.

I am reluctant to classify it as actual tea, but I am hopelessly addicted to

proxy.php

I go through a pitcher of it every day.

I drink coffee in the mornings, and tea for the rest of the day.... mostly!

Same here...

Started appreciating tea only a few years ago. Don't like black tea's much, but have way too many green and white and red tea's and some herbal infusions. I guess that tea was my first real AD :001_unsur. I drink all most of my tea's without milk or sugar, except for something like Chai. Green and white tea's are healthy because of all the anti oxidants, so it is not a bad habit to have :wink:.

My favorite morning tea is Celestial Seasonings Morning Thunder, it gets your motor running!

Morning Thunder® Tea

Our tea masters have always known the value of a great blend. Morning Thunder is no exception. This spirited and earthy combination of moutain-grown black tea and yerba maté, a South American herb, is sure to give you the lift you need to get in gear -- without the coffee jitters. After all, maté is the morning beverage of choice in Latin America. And with maté's antioxidant benefits, you're doing something good for yourself with each tasty sip. Pour a cup and charge your day!

About the Tea
100% Natural This product contains all-natural herbs and flavors, and no artificial colors or preservatives.
This product contains all-natural herbs and flavors, and no artificial colors or preservatives.

http://www.celestialseasonings.com/products/black-teas/morning-thunder.html

Well, I am English so of course I'll have a cuppa.

Sadly very difficult to get a good sup of tea in the US ever since the Boston Tea Party. For most teas you need to use boiling water. Hot water just will not do. Pre-warming the mug or pot is essential. Milk for a strong black tea, lemon or mint for a weak black tea. Green tea just as it comes. White tea is the exception and should not be scalded with boiling water. No sugar for me, ever. I want to taste the tea and not the sugar.

My wife insists on the pyramid tea bags as the advertisers told us that it lets the tea infuse better!

I have a lovely hand-knitted tea cosy which comes out whenever we have guests. It's blue and yellow striped. :001_smile

Well, I wish I were English, so I'll have a cuppa as well. :wink:

For me tea is basically strong pure Assam with milk. (I really like Whittards Assam blend, Taylors of Harrogate's is nice as well)

In the Afternoon Earl Grey is nice and on occasions I will also drink Darjeeling (without milk or sugar of course).

On hot summer days I'll have a big jar of sweet mint green.

I, too, enjoy tea (but I am drinking coffee more often). I like assam black tea, earl gray...

recently tried the PG tea (import section)...I'm sure it's the bottom of the list in the UK, but it sure beats bagged black teas here in the US (IMHO). Usually drink mine with just a little milk (but drink it black at work as all we have is the non-dairy powdered stuff, and I would rather not consume that stuff).

I, too, enjoy tea (but I am drinking coffee more often). I like assam black tea, earl gray...

recently tried the PG tea (import section)...I'm sure it's the bottom of the list in the UK, but it sure beats bagged black teas here in the US (IMHO). Usually drink mine with just a little milk (but drink it black at work as all we have is the non-dairy powdered stuff, and I would rather not consume that stuff).

PG Tips is big brand mainstream tea in the UK - one of the most popular. Tea connoisseurs will probably turn their nose up at it, but to be honest it is what i drink on a daily basis. One sugar, milk. Job done.

Hi

The best tea comes from Ceylon IMHO. My favourite at the moment is Dilmah Breakfast Leaf Tea. It is Rich, strong and full bodied. Tea bags are ok if you are in a hurry, but if you want to spend the time doing a proper job, leaf tea is the way to go. I was given my first box of Dilmah by a friend and once I had danced around the devils goblet there is no going back. Nothing else seams to taste quite the same.

Once more you can drink Dilmar with a clear conscience as the tea is produced free from exploitation enabling the fruits of the growers labour to be reinvested benefiting the workers and the economy of Sri Lanka.

It is available on line in the UK and the States and here is a link to how to make the perfect cuppa tea http://www.dilmah.com/teaism/ord_cuppa.html

Chin chin.

PG brews a decent cuppa, but I do prefer Tetley or Yorkshire tea personally. Yes, the contents are just dust off the factory floor but it still brews a decent cuppa.

Not all tea bags are dust though, some do contain recognisable leaves. I once saw a nylon mesh tea bag containing great big chunks of tea leaf.

Cheers!

I love coffee. Love the taste, love the smell, love it hot or iced...I would drink coffee all day if I could. But it tears my stomach up something fierce, and gives me heart palpitations to boot. So for the past few years I have been a tea person myself. For everyday drinking I stick to basic English Breakfast or Earl Grey from Trader Joe's, but I have been meaning to track down some of the more, er, specialized teas that frequently get mentioned in threads like these.

I'm also experimenting with sun tea...iced tea made by putting tea bags in a pitcher of water and letting it sit in the sun for a few hours to steep. For that, I am using cheap Lipton tea for two reasons: you lose a lot of the delicate flavor of the finer teas when you drink it cold, and I don't mind dumping a botched pitcher when the bags cost only a few pennies each. :smile: So far I have found that twelve tea bags in a gallon pitcher of cool water to start, steeped for about 2-3 hours in the sun seems to work pretty well. I am also discovering that it's better to use more bags and steep for shorter periods of time, than to use fewer bags and steep for longer. The first pitcher I made I used six bags and steeped for about six hours and it was very, very bitter.

I too am a tea nut!

Consider www.uptontea.com - Great selection, good prices, and great people.

I am cafine sensitive, and find drinking tea doesn't effect me the same way as many sodas and coffees do.

Enjoy!

I went through a tea phase a while back where I'd drink about 6 cups a day and amassed a collection. Now I have about 5 cups a week, still enjoying every drop. I find it's something nice to sit and enjoy with SWMBO (I'm not married, but might as well be). We are both beer enthusiasts, but that's not always an appropriate beverage. A little cha out on the deck is nice, hot or cold.

Great link, Jason. I spent an enjoyable hour or so perusing that Upton site. When my self-imposed online commerce ban lifts next month, I would like to order one of their sampler packs to get started on upgrading from tea dust. :smile:

Top Bottom