What's new

Tea Lovers and your favorite brands

Another favorite of mine is Lapsang Souchang...one sip and you'll look around to see if people think you're sipping bourbon!

:huh: If your bourbon smells like burning pine tar there may be something wrong with it.

Don't get me wrong, though - I love Lapsang Souchong.

Mariage Frères' Alexandra David-Néel. Named after the French opera singer/author/adventurer who was the first European woman to visit Lhasa, Tibet back when it was closed to foreigners. Dark, spicy, and powerful, with notes of clove, pepper, cinnamon, cardamom, and ginger, but also with some lovely floral notes.

I love tea. My Favorites are Darjeeling (2nd flush or Autumn flush..the latter is divine), the Assams, Ceylons...just about any strong black tea.
Among packaged commercial tea, I like PG Tips and Ahmad.

noelekal, you can buy Taylors of Harrogate tea on both Amazon and drugstore. Just for future reference if you need to obtain it locally. ToH is decent English cuppa.

I tried Teavanna in the store at the Greene town center in Beavercreek Ohio. I could not afford any of the tea's.
I typically use tea bags from Stash Teas or Kroger Private Selection.

Morning:
Earl Grey,
English breakfast

Evening:
Peppermint,
Chamomile.
Peppermint is my favorite,

I bought some Yorkshire Tea after reading Noelekal's post above... five thumbs up!!! :thumbup::thumbup1::thumbup:
The local grocer keeps it in stock but, I always passed it up.
Each bag has twice the tea of a normal teabag (for example, Liptons).
It's strong and takes milk extremely well. With milk and sweetener, it's totally Awesome!!!

$Yorkshire Tea.jpg

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I've moved totally into loose-leaf teas now, usually from Jas-e Tea (vendor here, run by Steve, a great guy) or Yunnan Sourcing.

If I were looking for a branded tea, bagged or not, I'd probably chase down some Murchie's.
That is who I plan to deal with. My go to is Twinings English Breakfast- I keep a large box in my desk at work. After years of helping out adult stepchildren every time we turn around, my wife and I have vowed that 2014 is the year for us. I plan on getting into fine teas soon.

If we are talking about brands, some I've found at the international stores here that come to my liking are Al-Ghazaleen and Ahmad teas. Great taste, very little bitterness. I like to mix in some of the normal Ahmad loose leafs and throw in a teabag of Ahmad Earl Grey and steep. I will also by some loose leaf estate teas via Upton Tea. I like the Darjeelings (second flush) and the Assam's quite a bit.

I drink loose leaf tea almost exclusively and that's usually Billy Tea Campfire Brew.
I've recently jumped back on the bag as Twinings have released their 'Australian Afternoon' blend.
If you like a full, strong, flavoursome cuppa, this is the tea for you!
I'd be happy to send some if you can't find it!

Top Bottom