What's new

Tea Drinkers Check In

During my trips to Singapore I really enjoyed the local tea, which is served with condensed milk. Not sure if it was black tea or another blend, but it was a nice variation. Anyone know the recipe?

Earl Gray (loose only please), PG Tips, Typhoo, Darjeeling, Constant Comment. My Keurig is mainly used in the winter for brewing up Tea (hot water fast), and my kids are all into it too. So we have many herbals. I don't collect them, I just buy the heck out of them. I usually put one of them in with my ice tea during the summer.

Never have liked Oolong.

Tea drinker checking in.

I used to be a coffee drinker but gave up coffee the same day I gave up smoking. The association was just too strong. I'm almost 1.5 years smoke free, cold turkey baby. :)

I've found a really nice boutique loose leaf tea shop in my city. They have every single tea you can imagine. Plus I don't put in cream or sugar in any of my teas, whether black/green/white/oolong etc. so I'm sure it's healthier than how I used to sweeten up coffee.

I'm a student so coffee is a dietary requirement for me. But I also work in a tea shop so i've got the best of both worlds going on.
Assams and Ceylons from the Dimbula region are my favourite atm. but I also enjoy anything earthy like a Scottish breakfast or a Yunnan or Kenya.

I'm a teetotaler, and have been for the past ten years. I like puerh on occasional mornings, rich Assams, 2nd flush and autumnal darjeelings, some green teas (Oriental Beauty, for example ) and a good cuppa Ceylon tea. The only scented tea I like is Earl Grey, one with abundant bergamot (Smith Tea in Portland). I sometimes brew tea with a gong fu, but mostly just the way most people do. I prefer loose tea because it's more econmical and often a better quality than bags (Of Lipton tea bags let us not speak)

I got into tea about two years ago and I find myself drinking more and more of it lately. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a huge coffee drinker but Tea is pretty awesome too.

I've tried a few different loose leaf teas - currently, my tea of choice is Davidson's Organic English Breakfast.

been drinking a loose leaf breakfast tea from world market. i prefer black tea to green. really enjoy this, have a pound of tea on the way. been drinking about 5 cups of tea a day at work now. been trying to cut back on caffeine and not drinking any coffee of late.

I am a loose tea nut! I've even got a Breville tea maker (a gift from my husband). My personal favorite is the cinnamon orange from MarketSpice that my sister picks up for me when she jumps the border to Seattle.

Back in the 80's I started drinking hot tea, (being from Alabama, my friends and family thought that weird, we are supposed to drink iced tea I guess). I would drink the plain old tea, Luzianne Tea if I remember. A co-worker's husband opened a coffee shop in the nearby town of Tuscaloosa, home of the University Of Alabama, (Roll Tide!), and I began stopping by when in town. They had loose teas in glass storage jars and I would try a different one every time I went in, until I opened a jar of Earl Grey. I have been a near exclusive EG drinker since. Current favorites are Twinning and Harney & Sons, though I always try a brand I have never seen and there are many fine makers. I do occasionally dring other types of tea. An English frend sent me a box of Welsh tea and a few bags of the special Queen's Jubilee tea made for the Queen of England's 50th year by Twinnings.

I drink iced tea, about a quart a day. I like it strong and slightly sweet, but I can get by with unsweet with lemon juice. I have to order unsweet and add lemon when we go out to eat because most places here serve sugar water with a slight tea flavor.

I mostly drink coffee these days but I do love a good brew. Mostly I drink Yorkshire tea as I like a strong dark cup, after that earl grey and chai tea. I've not tried a lot of other teas other than the regular supermarket tea bags such as Pg Tips etc.
I have been meaning to get a tea pot so I can use just tea leaves but havn't gotten around to it yet.

puer tea or kukicha with sencha are my go to teas. I lived in Japan where there glorious tea and coffee shops

Last edited:
Tea addict checking in.

I do appreciate good tea, I'm currently sweating out a heavy session of shincha & pu'erh after having friends round. Whilst I do get a little fussy with my tea choices I still put away a good 20 odd mugs a week of supermarket black teabags with a splash of milk.

I also like to drink hot tea while I eat sometimes for better digestions. But to drink just for thirst, I prefer to drink cold teas instead, even better, MILK TEA!

I had always been a coffee drinker, drinking up to 4 pots of strong black coffee a day in my younger days, but recently I have found that any more than one small cup causes some physical problems that I can not tolerate. I have found to my delight that I can drink a much tea as I want, so I have stocked up on a couple of pounds of China Black (Yunnan) tea. I have 5 tea pots at home (all different sizes, depending no my mood of the day) and I just brought a small cast iron pot to keep at work along with an electric kettle in which to heat water. I work night shift and my 2 co-workers also drink tea, so that little cast iron pot has been getting a workout lately as we always have a fresh pot of tea ready to drink. I used to drink my tea with a little sugar, but since I am now diabetic, I am searching for a suitable sweetener that will not mess up my blood sugar.

What comes after S in the Alphabet? Yes indeed. As an Englishman sometimes I like to check if there is any blood in my tea stream.

Assam is my staple but I drink a variety of black tea. Nice and strong with milk and NEVER sugared.

Anyone brewing up???

Top Bottom