What's new

Tea/Coffee acquisitions - 2012

Have you acquired any new hardware (pots, brewers, grinders, roasters, etc) or consumables (tea, coffee, etc) lately? Please share with us. Pictures, descriptions, experiences welcomed.

Ippodo order arrived today, I don't drink a lot of Japanese tea but after a few months without it I really crave the stuff. I've been living on far too much old and smelly tea recently, this is a very welcome change. And Japanese packaging just tickles me pink.

Currently I'm happily sipping at the Hosen sencha and my little neglected kyusu is feeling loved again.

Attachments

• $IMG_1893.jpg
    $IMG_1893.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 323
  • $IMG_1908.jpg
    $IMG_1908.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 322
From SweetMarias.com...
Columbia Dos Payasos de Tolima
Costa Rica Finca Bella Vista
El Salvador Fincs La Montanita Bourbon
India Poabs Organic Seethargundu Estate
Kenya Kirinyaga Kiunyu Peaberry
Rwanda Kibuye Gitesi
El Salvador Matalapa-Tablon El Naranjo
Hario Skelton Mill
more filters for the clever coffee dripper

Attachments

• $coffee-20120112.jpg
    $coffee-20120112.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 311
Well, I've decided to give matcha a try, but am trying to control my spending. So I picked up a cheapo bamboo whisk and chasaku from Amazon. The only problem is that I don't have any matcha yet. I'm in a state of indecision (once again), and can't pull the trigger on anything. I've read a lot about matcha, and am leaning toward buying one of the mid-tier offerings from O-Cha. My fear is that I won't like it and then I will have wasted all this money. Meh.

PS - if anyone can recommend a good "first try" matcha, I'm all ears.

I'm starting to get into Tea and just placed an order with Jas-e-tea for some raw and ripe pu-erh's and a couple oolongs. This will be my first time trying pu-erh and I'm looking forward to it.

A few new crop coffees. Fazenda Rodomunho (Brasil), Paez Indigenous Reserve (Colombia), and Musasa Cooperative (Rwanda). holy good fresh-crop coffee!

i bought my first set of green coffee. and i finaly got a grinder thats not utter garbage.

proxy.php

Well, I've decided to give matcha a try, but am trying to control my spending. So I picked up a cheapo bamboo whisk and chasaku from Amazon. The only problem is that I don't have any matcha yet. I'm in a state of indecision (once again), and can't pull the trigger on anything. I've read a lot about matcha, and am leaning toward buying one of the mid-tier offerings from O-Cha. My fear is that I won't like it and then I will have wasted all this money. Meh.

PS - if anyone can recommend a good "first try" matcha, I'm all ears.

O-Cha's kiri no mori is excellent for the price. You can't go far wrong with Ippodo either.

From SweetMarias.com...
Columbia Dos Payasos de Tolima
Costa Rica Finca Bella Vista
El Salvador Fincs La Montanita Bourbon
India Poabs Organic Seethargundu Estate
Kenya Kirinyaga Kiunyu Peaberry
Rwanda Kibuye Gitesi
El Salvador Matalapa-Tablon El Naranjo
Hario Skelton Mill
more filters for the clever coffee dripper

I love opening boxes from SM!

-jim

A few new crop coffees. Fazenda Rodomunho (Brasil), Paez Indigenous Reserve (Colombia), and Musasa Cooperative (Rwanda). holy good fresh-crop coffee!

You cupped the Rwanda yet? How does it compare to that bufcafé lot you had a year back?

Just placed an order with O-Cha for some Uji Sencha Miyabi and some Uji Matcha Kiri no Mori. Can't wait to give both a try. Will be my first ever taste of Matcha.

I picked up a Technivorm earlier this year. After almost 8 years of doing almost exclusively espresso, I wanted to get back into drip. Part of this was for a change of pace, part of it was to try roasting a wider variety of coffee. It took a couple days of dialing in grind, but it lives up to its reputation making great coffee! My grinder is a Baratza Vario, and it is pretty easy going back and forth between drip and espresso.

All original, still in the box Melitta 120 Automat, for nine bucks on ebay. This is the machine that the Technivorm is a copy of.
That brewer looks great, I hope you will post a few pictures of it in action or let us know how well it performs. That brewer really highlights the auto-drip mechanism, as it looks less integrated than the modern equipment, exposing how it drips hot water over a filter-basket.

Just starting with pu-erh tea. So I purchased some ripe & raw pu-erh, gaiwan set and a few other odds and ends. Hope to have them this week.

Used a few times over the weekend. Will post more in few weeks. Thanks to person who originally posted about this more a year ago. :hand:
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom