What's new

Tea Anyone?

Like John I also got some tea from Charles at QED.

Very nice.

I recommend adding it to your next order from him.

As for Mate I used to drink it (just got lazy). A mix of regular or lime mate, a mint tea of some kind and some sugar.

A good thing about mate is that you can get several steeps out of each pot. It's got a 'smoother' buzz than caffeine but a stimulant just the same. Worth a try if if the opportunity presents itself.

Regards,
Bob

A roommate got some lemon mate in tea bags from trader joes, I think. Probably not very high quality stuff, but I really liked it. Good for staying alert while studying without getting as wired as caffeine tended to cause.

Mason it's a pity you can't try Spring White Dragon Phoenix Jasmine Pearls from QED. No one can right now. There isn't any! When Charles brought this to market a couple of years ago, I immediately grabbed up the 250g option. It came in 5, 50g packs and I've hoarded a couple back. A more sublime and perfect tea I cant' imagine. It comes in a pearl format. I think the base is a white tea and it's infused with the most magnificent jasmine you could think of. It is almost like drinking an essence of the flower. It's not sickly floral but just...yeah. If if ever comes back I'm getting a LOT more of it. I also like Taylor of Harrogate's Tippy Assam. Dark, thick and heady it's a real eye opener.

Regards, Todd

Phog Allen said:
Mason it's a pity you can't try Spring White Dragon Phoenix Jasmine Pearls from QED. No one can right now. There isn't any! When Charles brought this to market a couple of years ago, I immediately grabbed up the 250g option. It came in 5, 50g packs and I've hoarded a couple back. A more sublime and perfect tea I cant' imagine. It comes in a pearl format. I think the base is a white tea and it's infused with the most magnificent jasmine you could think of. It is almost like drinking an essence of the flower. It's not sickly floral but just...yeah. If if ever comes back I'm getting a LOT more of it. I also like Taylor of Harrogate's Tippy Assam. Dark, thick and heady it's a real eye opener.

Regards, Todd
I'll keep an eye out for it's return. It sounds interesting.

letterk said:
I'm not a tea guy per say, but am slowly seeing the light. Two teas have helped me understand what a proper cup should taste like.

Yin Zheng Bai Hao Jasmine Silver Needles
Zheng Shan Lapsang Souchong

Fantastic. I'm a big fan of the Lapsang Souchong. I bought both from QED.

I agree, and absolutely love the Yin Zheng Bai Hao Jasmine Silver Needles with either snow berry honey or cranberry honey. Mmmmm.....

I have some tins from Harney & Sons that I am drinking now, Earl Grey, Earl Grey Supreme, and Viennese Earl Grey (love the bergamot!) They also make a very good Holiday Tea.

I saw a mention of Whittards. I recognize the name but have not tried any of their teas.

Has anyone experience with Fortnum & Mason? Is there a difference in quality or will I just be paying for a name and warrant?

fuerein said:
Just out of curiousity, has anyone tried Mate (pronounced like sake)? It's from Argentina, Bolivia, etc... and is traditionally brewed in a hollowed-out gourd with a drinking straw called a bombillo. I had some on a trip to Argentina and found it really good, had a lesson on how to make it, bought the stuff to make it, and realized I stink at brewing it once back in the US. It isn't technically tea, it is similar to rooibos (red tea) in that it is primarily from a bush local to the area.
Yep, I was raised on Mate. Had it about every day for breakfast for my entire childhood. I had an Uncle in Buenos Aires that kept us supplied. I still drink it when the weather is cold. My wife hates it but my kids love it. Good stuff.

M

modern man

I enjoy a good tea. I have always preferred a good Earl Grey but with all of the press regarding the health benefits of green tea I have switched. It doesn't taste quite as good but as I am concerned for my health I drink a cup or two with my afternoon cigarettes. While I love my morning coffee there is something quite civilized and even a bit soothing about having a nice cup of tea in the afternoon.

Do you enjoy tea? How do you take it?

Green Tea with Honey.

I love cold plan Green Tea too (Its big in Japan).

I'm actually a bit surprised that there are so many tea drinkers here.

I have heard of some of these teas mentioned, some I have not.

I like both Twinnings' Earl Grey and Green.

I got lucky with getting some Twinning's Earl Grey. My local Giant Eagle had several of them on closeout, a pack of ten bags for .50 cents each pack! I took it all. The aroma is a bit light for an Earl Grey (because of age?) but I'm still working my way through them.

Homemade Chai tea is one of the finest cups I've lost myself in. I have been priveledged had some of the most divine chai ever, just from aquaintences that make it thier business to enhance the pleasure of others by concocting such wonderful brews. I am forever in search of the perfect Chai...

Anyone know where to get some of the wonderful Dragon Pearl Jasmine Blossoms discussed on the QED website?

I gave up coffee several years ago, but I still like the aroma of fresh coffee.

My everyday tea is Assam, made with real leaves (not in a bag).
I also enjoy green tea, particularly after a meal.

I used to get a Caramel Tea that I could only find in France. It had an elephant on the wrapper, come to think of it I think that was the name brand Elephant The. I had a girlfriend who was over there a lot and used to get it for me. She's gone now and I am now married to the love of my life, however, I do miss that tea.

Top Bottom