What's new

TB OC - a true work of art

Arrived today.
Wow, that’s the most gorgeous safety razor I’ve seen so far!

Looking so forward to trying it out tonight! I truly and honestly hope it’ll perform as beautifully as its looks!

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It does have a great Art Deco look to it. I have considered buying one but I already have more than enough razors. But I do love the look of it!

I’m only using straight razors for the most part, but a razor like this could drag me back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know you've got a problem when you wish your facial hair grew faster.

But at least I get to shave later today. I'm attending a local historian's lecture on the effects of a 1914 flood on my hometown. I do not want to appear scrofulous in public, so I get to guage a Voskhod blade on its 2nd use in a Progress.

What would you pick for a very special first shave?

Soap:
  1. MWF;
  2. Tabac Original;
  3. Haslinger Schafmilch;
  4. Cella;
  5. Lather & Wood;
  6. Proraso Red.
Brush:
  1. Chubby 2 Super;
  2. Omega 49;
  3. Kent Silvertip BK12;
  4. Muhle Synthetic;
  5. Chubby 2 synthetic;
  6. Semogue OC Badger & Boar.
Aftershave:
  1. Lather & Wood Balm;
  2. Geo Trumper Coral Skin Food;
  3. Nivea Sensitive Skin Balm;
  4. Bulldog Original Balm;
  5. Le Pere Lucien Bay Rum Splash;
  6. Barberry Coast Bay Rum Splash.

What would you pick for a very special first shave?

Soap:
  1. MWF;
  2. Tabac Original;
  3. Haslinger Schafmilch;
  4. Cella;
  5. Lather & Wood;
  6. Proraso Red.
Brush:
  1. Chubby 2 Super;
  2. Omega 49;
  3. Kent Silvertip BK12;
  4. Muhle Synthetic;
  5. Chubby 2 synthetic;
  6. Semogue OC Badger & Boar.
Aftershave:
  1. Lather & Wood Balm;
  2. Geo Trumper Coral Skin Food;
  3. Nivea Sensitive Skin Balm;
  4. Bulldog Original Balm;
  5. Le Pere Lucien Bay Rum Splash;
  6. Barberry Coast Bay Rum Splash.
From your lists,
MWF, Omega 49, Nivea ASB

I'd add to that,
Personna Med Prep, Thayer's WH

This was the last razor I bought, a couple of months ago. I've used it more than any other since the day I got it. It's not really blade forward, but it can bite (as noted above). And it provides a very close, long-lasting shave on my face. It's now in my top tier of razors. If you're at all like me, you'll love it!

Congrats, that is an absolutely beautiful razor!!!!

If I was having my first shave with the tools you listed, I would go MWF & the Kent brush.

Post shave first impressions:

Line up: MWF soap with the Semogue mixed B&B brush.
I used the Feather AS-D2 on the left side to have smth to compare with (Feather blades loaded in both razors).

- 1st pass: very smooth performance from both razors, with the TB OC being definitely more effective;

- 2nd pass across the grain: a bit more feedback of the right side obviously due to the OC base plate but still, a very enjoyable pass;

- 3rd pas against the grain: while the Feather is easier and faster to manipulate, in all confidence, my guard was instinctively up with the Timeless.

No issues, no nicks, fantastic shave! The right side seemed to sting a tad bit more at the alum block pass.

Overall, I found the TB to be a wee bit more effective than the Feather but slower, as it requires more attention.

The only thing that I didn’t like is that the base plate is smaller than the blade, therefore there’s a blade exposure on the sides. The alignment and the grip are perfect though, there’s no movement of the blade.

Ahwell, we can’t have everything I suppose.. [emoji4]

Very happy with my purchase.

Cheers everyone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom