What's new

Taylors vs other creams

Anyone have a general view as to why Taylors tends to be less expensive compared to the other higher end shave creams? Are the others generally considered to be better in some way to justify the price difference?

If you calibrate for the weight difference in the tubs, there is roughly a 20% premium for the Trumpers. In this case, I believe it is simply a case of "what the market will bear", and the cachet of the Trumpers name. Both are fine creams, but I generally prefer the Taylor's offerings.

I read somewhere that Taylor also orders bigger lots of their plastic tubs than the others of the three-Ts companies, effectively gambling on higher volume, and so reaps a lower per-unit cost.

But I'm sure "what the market will bear" is another factor. Taylor just stakes out the lower price range.

-Rich

It's been a while since I used Taylors cream but I seem to remember it being quite wet in comparison to Trumpers (although I could be imagining it). An exapmle of this is when I get my cream mail order, if Taylor's is inverted for any length of time the whole lot moves towards the lid leaving a fair amout of residue, the Trumper cream stays put on the whole.

Jonnybc said:
It's been a while since I used Taylors cream but I seem to remember it being quite wet in comparison to Trumpers (although I could be imagining it). An exapmle of this is when I get my cream mail order, if Taylor's is inverted for any length of time the whole lot moves towards the lid leaving a fair amout of residue, the Trumper cream stays put on the whole.

I've only used the Taylor's Rose and Shave Shop, but both seem dryer in the tub IMO than Any of the Trumper's I've used (Violet, Sandalwood, Rose).

As far as how each works, I like both the Trumper's and Taylor's that I've used. It all comes down to preference of scents for me as I get fine shaves from both lines.

Top Bottom