What's new

Taylor's Shaving Cream

Which one of the Taylor shaving creams is the best for sensitive/dry skin? I hear the Avocado is supposed to be the best for this. Can anyone confirm or debunk this?
Thanks,
Gee

Avocado would be my pick. I would suggest that you request samples from Taylors and try them yourself.

Hard to go wrong with avocado. However, i don't find the creams to be much different from one another- just different scents. You'd be very safe with sensitive/dry skin taking the avocado, almond or rose route, as these all boast beneficial qualities for the skin. Possibly lavender too. Soaps, especially glycerin rounds, are a different animal. The concentration of essential oils in these can really play a role in how they react with a gent's skin; even something as beneficial as lavender can cause unfriendly sensations if too concentrated.

Great thanks.
I didn't know I could request samples. Where do I go or call for this?
Gee

Avocado is good. Almond is very good too for dry skin. All of these are subtle differences, though.

Do a web search for Geo. Trumper, Taylor of Old Bond St., etc. to get their e-mails and request samples. Truefitt and Hill are also good about sending things out.

guys, I have sensitive skin, but almond or avocado go great for me. They're both beautiful smelling, and very soothing.

Jeff

smoothfacejeff,
So out of the Avocado and Almond, what's the difference, besides smell. Is one more moisturizing then the other? More lubricating?
Thanks,
Gee

Gee, sorry for answering late, just to tell you for myself, I find that both these 2 creams have very soothing, moisturising and comfortable feelings on the skin, I'd say they're about equal. I think I prefer the almond scent a little more than the avocado, but, even the avocado smells nice.

Jeff

Has anyone tried the hypo-allergenic cream from Taylor's? How does it compare to say, Sandalwood? I have a very sensitive skin so I was thinking about picking it up. It doesn't have a very nice fragrance though :mad:

Top Bottom