What's new

Taylors Rose or Lemon& Lime ?

Hi!
I just bought Taylors Almond Shaving cream and just love it. Now I want some more:tongue_sm , and I'm thinking of choosing Taylors rose or Lemon & Lime maybe both. Any suggestions ? Also bought a Merkur HD, nice and smooth shave .:tongue: Just love this forum.

Hi (It would help to know your name :wink: )

Scents are a very personal thing, so what I like you might hate. Obviously, if you don't like the smell of Rose, then I'd stay away from it. But Taylor's Rose is just majestic for me. The aroma is excellent and the lathering qualities, like all Taylor creams, are superb. If you don't like a floral smell, may I suggest Mr. Taylor's. That one is a fan favorite.

Check out the reviews on B&B for the Shaving Creams to get a better, more detailed breakdown of the various blends.

Welcome to B&B :badger:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
pcxpe said:
Hi!
I just bought Taylors Almond Shaving cream and just love it. Now I want some more:tongue_sm , and I'm thinking of choosing Taylors rose or Lemon & Lime maybe both. Any suggestions ? Also bought a Merkur HD, nice and smooth shave .:tongue: Just love this forum.

The correct answer to your question is for you to buy both. Not coincidentally, that is also the answer to your next question, and the one after that.:thumbup1:

What can I say? I have a gift.

Eventually, you'll get into the more difficult-to-justify aspects of this hobby/habit, where you find yourself asking which rose do I use today? T&H, Trumper's, or Taylor's? Which lime? Castle Forbes? Coates? QED? Don't even get me started on sandalwoods. I have five open tubs, and I'm looking for more.:redface:

Sounds like you're off to a good start by any standards. You'll find the gents in here to be knowledgeable, kind, and generous to a fault. Ask a question, and you'll likely receive better responses than you could possibly imagine.

I'm with Ouch & Austin. If you only buy one, you'll simply have to wonder which one is better for you until you have tried both. Besides, if you buy both now, you save on shipping.

pcxpe said:
Hi!

If I were you.... I'd purchase the Rose, and Mr. Taylors. Yeah - I know it isn't on your list, but I am sure you can imagine what Rose, Lemon/lime, etc smell like... but the cologne scents are quite nice. The rose is incredibly decadent and relaxing, and the Mr. Taylors is very classy, formal and elegant. With the almond, rose and Mr. Taylors you get 3 very different "moods" with the scents and it'll be quite luxurious. Personally... I am not such a fan of Taylors Lemon/Lime and it is my least favorite scent of the range... in fact it is the only scent I do not own.

Forget the Mr. Taylors. Awesome cologne, but the re-formulated cream has almost no scent at all.

I could possibly provide you with samples of both the Lemon/Lime and the Rose. PM me.

ouch

crackstar said:
I can't for the life of me understand what happened to the Taylors creams. Are they that drastically changed?

Jeff

That seems to be the case. I find their new lavender much better, and I'm hoping that their newer avocado works as well as their old version. After the avocado, their rose is my favorite from their line.

I didn't get the chance to use the Avocado before the formula change, but I will certainly vouch for the quality of the new stuff.

I've discovered that buying Taylor of Old Bond Street shaving creams in a lot like saving the whales...COLLECT THE WHOLE SET!

Randy

Hi again!

I have just decided to buy both :biggrin: , what I am thinking of now is (are) what to buy next, all this about wetshaving just makes me want to buy more and more and more :001_smile . Now I want a new shavingbrush and new DE razor. "He said and pulled up his MasterCard"

By the way my name is Peter.
Talk to you later! See ya

pcxpe said:
Hi again!

I have just decided to buy both :biggrin: , what I am thinking of now is (are) what to buy next, all this about wetshaving just makes me want to buy more and more and more :001_smile . Now I want a new shavingbrush and new DE razor. "He said and pulled up his MasterCard"

Hello Peter,
Your purchases, a wise decision, are the beginning of what is becoming a long-term relationship with "The Good Life!":thumbup1:

pcxpe said:
Hi again!

Well done Jedi-Knight! :a45:

See Kyle's post under "Despondent" (http://www.badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1835)

ouch

Kyle said:
I didn't get the chance to use the Avocado before the formula change, but I will certainly vouch for the quality of the new stuff.

If you'd like, I can send you a sample of the old version of the avocado. Just PM me your address.

Top Bottom