What's new

Taylor's Lemon and Lime

Tried my sample of Taylor's L&L... very nice. The lather dried a bit quickly but that may be due to my technique (or lack thereof). The first lime scented cream/soap that I've tried and I really like the scent, the shave was also quite good.

Anyone else try this stuff, and if so, what do you think?
How does it compare the other top shelf lime scented creams?

RVG

I've tried it and didn't really care for the scent and the shave was not as good either. That being said, I find that some of the Taylors' samples that I received were really dried out and did not give the creams justice. I personally really liked the shave shop scent so I went ahead an ordered a tub anyway. Wow, what a difference. So maybe the scent was off on my lemon/lime sample. I seem to remember it smelling as though lemon was mixed with pepper.

Forgot to add, my favorite lime scent hands down is Castle Forbes Lime. Almost like shaving with key lime pie :thumbup:

I find Taylor’s L&L to be very invigorating. I save it for those days when I want a clean citrus eye opener. I agree it does not lubricate as well as their avocado but a tad more water remedies this. It is also a fragrance that my wife comments on every time I use it which in itself makes it a winner. I haven’t tried other manufacturer’s citrus creams so I’m unable to comment on how it compares in that respect.

rtaylor61 said:
Randy,

I find the condition of your creams from Taylor's interesting. Some of mine were "runny".

Randy
Interesting for sure. I remember someone else posting a while back that their samples were of a different nature than what is in a Taylor's actual tub or tube. Superb shave cream though!

this was my first shaving cream. i still have some left! it's definitely a favorite, but i guess i haven't tried much. there's so many creams out there!

I shaved with it this AM (see SOTD pic). This continues to be one of my favorite creams. I think the scent is dynamite - the mix of the citrus with the woody/herby element is wonderful. Typical great Taylor's lubrication = A+ for me.

Taylors Lemon/Lime is an excellent shave cream although I prefer T&H West Indian Limes. You may have gotten a bad sample.

Thanks Guys.

Wow, ye ask and ye shall recieve...

My Taylor's samples were all a bit on the dry side, but I guess I kind of mistakenly chalked it up to Taylor's famous "density"... and I do own a tub of St. James, the cream is definitley more moist in the tub...now its clear their condition is due to the trip that they endured, and the sample container perhaps wasn't the best.

I'll try another go at the L&L tomorrow and see if I can't get a better lather.
I keep hearing great things about Shave Shop. So my next tub of Taylor's will be either the L&L, Shave Shop or Eton College. For 13.50 you can't go wrong, maybe I'll try 'em all.

RVG

reginald-van-gleason said:
Thanks Guys.

Wow, ye ask and ye shall recieve...

My Taylor's samples were all a bit on the dry side, but I guess I kind of mistakenly chalked it up to Taylor's famous "density"... and I do own a tub of St. James, the cream is definitley more moist in the tub...now its clear their condition is due to the trip that they endured, and the sample container perhaps wasn't the best.

I'll try another go at the L&L tomorrow and see if I can't get a better lather.
I keep hearing great things about Shave Shop. So my next tub of Taylor's will be either the L&L, Shave Shop or Eton College. For 13.50 you can't go wrong, maybe I'll try 'em all.

RVG

For me, the cologne-scented creams are not as nice as the single-note Taylor's. Try the Lavender, Rose, etc. first if you haven't already.

My $0.02

Hey guys...

Haven't been by lately and I'd thought I'd give opinion on lime shave products...Although I have not used Taylors L&L, but have used many of the other Limes from T&H, Trumpers & Castle Forbes and I honestly believe that none of them can hold a candle to the QED Lime soap in regards to scent, lube and overall quality of shave

Personally I think the scent and experience provided by QED limes is almost identical to that of Castle Forbes lime (my favorite lime cream), only a lot more affordable, and a bit slicker lather....
John P.

Top Bottom