What's new

Taylor Old Bond Jermyn Street Collection VS Proraso Sensitive

I ordered in a tub of Taylor Old Bond Jermyn Street Collection Sensitive Skin Shaving Cream and my god this stuff is good.

Keep in mind I have all my samples of Truefitt, Trumpers and a tub of Proraso Sensitive and nothing even comes close to this shaving cream.

I soaked the badger brush in a mug of steaming hot tap water, took the brush out, shaked out the excess water, swirled it around the tub about 5 times, took the brush and lathered it up in the mug (after dumping out the water of course) and my god! You want to talk about peaks and fluffy slippery shave cream.

I look at it like this, you can buy cool whip (the stuff in a tub) and then you can make your own whipped cream to put on a cake or desert. Cool whip represents whipped cream but not much flavor and its pretty nasty but will do the job. You make your own and its amazingly delicous. Well that is how I see Taylor old bond vs the other shave creams.

I also tried out the Gillete 7oclock yellows and an AOS Alum bar. Two pass shave and I was good to go. I liked it so much I shaved again today after shaving last night (foolish as with my fair, sensitive skin that is just asking for trouble and not needed).

In short.. if you have not tried this shave cream... you are missing out!! Run.. dont walk... just make sure you dont hoard up the supply as I think I will be stocking up on this in the near future just in case they discontinue for any reason. Amazing Shave Cream to say the least!!

Now.. off to buy my scuttle.. I guess a Dirty bird, just wish she made it in white or tan and didnt take a month to ship it.

+1 for that - hands down the best shaving cream I've ever used. Having used other tobs creams such as Rose and avocado, this cream surpasses them all by a mile!!

Plus I love the scent

Is this the one? If so, one of the best scented creams I own.
I dont find it lathers any better than other TOBS cream, but that scent Mmmmmm

proxy.php

thanks for this thread ... my TOBS Mr. Taylor is almost gone (because I use it almost every day), and I'm looking to explore other TOBS options. This one sounds great!

This is absolutely one of my favourites. Had the A/S cream first and loved the scent. Tried the shaving cream and woah man.

It's slick, it gives me enough for four passes with two soft dips into the tub, and hot damn does it smell good.

Yes, that's the one!! And agree with you all.. the scent is unique but is certainly a nice one. The scent is the bonus though, the way this lathers and is so slick is just unlike anything else. I even added pure glycerin to the Proraso sensitive, Trumpers, Truefitt and could not achieve anything even close to this kind of lather. I only wonder what adding glycerin will do to TOBS .. well, probably not much since I honestly cant see it getting any better.

Now.. I really need to stay away from this place. What started as buying a synthetic brush and proraso soap to try something different over New Years weekend has resulted in a badger hair brush, Futur razor, buying sprees of different brand blades, witch hazels (thayers wins hands down) and many mugs trying to find the right one, different Balms (think Truefitt is the winner on this one) and now a Dirty bird.
Good thing these things are relatively inexpensive (re-modeling houses, customizing cars have proven to be much more expensive in my past) but still, it adds up.

You guys are dangerous. But truly, a great place and the warmest, nicest, most helpful people by far in any internet community.

Now.. I really need to stay away from this place. What started as buying a synthetic brush and proraso soap to try something different over New Years weekend has resulted in a badger hair brush, Futur razor, buying sprees of different brand blades, witch hazels (thayers wins hands down) and many mugs trying to find the right one, different Balms (think Truefitt is the winner on this one) and now a Dirty bird.

Bought one of these about 18 months ago, fantastic bit of kit.
Infact i used mine about 3 hours ago. Set to "1" and tackling 3 days worth of growth & in 2 passes it was smooth and irritation free.

Top Bottom