What's new

Taylor of Old Bond Street Tobacco Leaf Aftershave

Arrived the other day, and I haven't tried it yet, but I did spray some on my hand and wanted to share a couple impressions. First the scent is exactly like the cream, no differences, just a nice, light, somewhat sweet and smooth tobacco scent. Makes me think of early Fall when the weather is still warm and around the time the leaves start to change. Second, when sprayed on, it feels like a glycerine-based aftershave just like their Jermyn Street and like a spray version of a watery GFT skinfood. Just nice and lightly moisturizing. Definitely something to apply right after applying a balm. I really like it and look forward to use it.

Edit: the scent does fade somewhat after like 15-20 minutes.

Last edited:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Thanks for your thoughts on this aftershave. Never thought about it before.

Arrived the other day, and I haven't tried it yet, but I did spray some on my hand and wanted to share a couple impressions. First the scent is exactly like the cream, no differences, just a nice, light, somewhat sweet and smooth tobacco scent. Makes me think of early Fall when the weather is still warm and around the time the leaves start to change. Second, when sprayed on, it feels like a glycerine-based aftershave just like their Jermyn Street and like a spray version of a watery GFT skinfood. Just nice and lightly moisturizing. Definitely something to apply right after applying a balm. I really like it and look forward to use it.

Edit: the scent does fade somewhat after like 15-20 minutes.
Wee bit off-topic: Mantic59 says always apply the most liquid product first, meaning splash first, followed by a balm. Doing it the other way round sort of defeats the purpose.

Sounds like something I need to try.. I love the leaves smell ( Makes me think of early Fall when the weather is still warm and around the time the leaves start to change.)

I succumbed and jumped at some TOBS tobacco leaf items in their latest sale!
Tried the aftershave with my existing shave cream, it was great!
Top-notch item, full of scent that has good longevity but not over-powering.
Nice skin feel, has no alcohol.
Comes in classy spray bottle.
I'd rate close to Alt Innsbruck.

taylor of old bond st tonacco leaf simpson feather october 7 2022.jpg

Top Bottom