What's new

Taylor of bond street

Well today i was running around my town as i usually do for new items or things that stick out...and what did i find today...a new barber shop it was very modern they had almost everything you could imagine a barber shop would have and then more... I could of spent hundreds there..but i had a budget...so i went to the owner of the store had a talk about him i mentioned badger and blade and he knew exactly what site i was on about hahaha....we had a good 1 hr conversation in the end he leaned me towards taylor of old bond street jermyn street...i took a wif of the container and wow...it smells really really good exactly like a barber shop...he said he uses this cream himself...anybody can tell me how it lathers? Ill test it in two days...sorry for the ramble but i had a really awesome day today and i couldnt help share a part of it..ill be going back there in a week they have some muhle safety razors that got my eye and a really nice collection of badger brushes :)

I really enjoy TOBS Jermyn Street cream. It not only smells great, but it lathers easily and provides a very slick and comfortable shave. Of all the TOBS creams, it is my favorite.

Another +1 for TOBS Jermyn, it is my go to TOBS cream, and I just love the scent (even bought the deodorant!). My other TOBS favourites are Eaton College and St James. Out of interest, what state was this in?

Well today i was running around my town as i usually do for new items or things that stick out...and what did i find today...a new barber shop it was very modern they had almost everything you could imagine a barber shop would have and then more... I could of spent hundreds there..but i had a budget...so i went to the owner of the store had a talk about him i mentioned badger and blade and he knew exactly what site i was on about hahaha....we had a good 1 hr conversation in the end he leaned me towards taylor of old bond street jermyn street...i took a wif of the container and wow...it smells really really good exactly like a barber shop...he said he uses this cream himself...anybody can tell me how it lathers? Ill test it in two days...sorry for the ramble but i had a really awesome day today and i couldnt help share a part of it..ill be going back there in a week they have some muhle safety razors that got my eye and a really nice collection of badger brushes :)
Keep us updated

Queensland state :) in toowoomba..this shop is just what this town needs because we actually didnt have any places that sold decent shaving supplies prior to this new shop :( sad..well except bous for men but...the prices of some of bous products gasp...this new shop in toowoomba has everything fom american crew to truefit... Even baxter is there! Everything i have seen people post about here.... They have some nice looking cut throats to ...but im wary as they are under $200 so i may stay clear of those...they have some really good aftershave splashes..that are a bit pricey..but smell amazing...ill ask the people if they will let me take a few photos for here and show people... They may not they may say sorry but no...fingers crossed for next week...i cant even tell you how many different soaps and creams they have its insane ..... If i cant get pics ..well chances are ill buy a few through the year to try out

I'll go along with other posters who have said Jermyn Street has a great scent, lathers easily and is slick.

What straight razors are they carrying? Both Dove and TI have sub $200 dollar razors and are recognized brands. I'd keep in mind that with reputable makes of current production straight razors paying more get you a larger sized blade and more bling but the steel and grind quality is the same as their basic razors.

Bob

Queensland state :) in toowoomba..this shop is just what this town needs because we actually didnt have any places that sold decent shaving supplies prior to this new shop :( sad..well except bous for men but...the prices of some of bous products gasp...this new shop in toowoomba has everything fom american crew to truefit... Even baxter is there! Everything i have seen people post about here.... They have some nice looking cut throats to ...but im wary as they are under $200 so i may stay clear of those...they have some really good aftershave splashes..that are a bit pricey..but smell amazing...ill ask the people if they will let me take a few photos for here and show people... They may not they may say sorry but no...fingers crossed for next week...i cant even tell you how many different soaps and creams they have its insane ..... If i cant get pics ..well chances are ill buy a few through the year to try out

Sounds like a great store! What a range. :thumbup:
let the AD's begin :lol: - it's nice to have a 'home store' to check products out in, we don't have too many in Perth.

:( ik not many places actually have a decent shaving supplier ... Most places you can hope for is some proraso or a can of Gillette shaving gel maybe a bowl of crab and tree isn't terrible I use it in a rotation.... But there are many products 100x better I have found out from this site..I guess you can just order this stuff on eBay but nothing beats buying in person so you know what a product smells like what it looks like and even get some tips from people along the way ..maybe something you didn't know or think about...shaving has been a great experience so far I'm really glad I started to take a interest in it I have learnt so much in so little time and much more to learn :)

Excellent! Jermyn St. is on my 'to-buy' list. I just keep hearing good stuff about it.

Last edited:
Couldnt wait..shaved with it today haha....and wowie...the whole bathroom and everywhere im walking smells of jermyn street..extremely nice smell..as far as the shave itself went..i used a supermax blade wich for me i kinda dont like but it was free in a sampler...but it slid like butter and i dont even need any aftershave my face feels very protected also shaved my head with it and the same thing can be said...wahl was my go to cream...now stand aside because jermyn sits in your spot :) i would love to one day try the cologne of this maybe in a month ill dish out for it... Id give this a solid 9/10( i say nothing is 10/10) i will try the other tobs at some stage very very nice cream

Ill try the eton college maybe around same time as i get the aftershave/cologne and maybe the rose or cocounut :) while im there ill also get a real traditional cut throat shave from a place thats been around since 1850's or so.. They give it free with a haircut..but im sure if i just pay for the shave itself they wont mind...on a side note ive started trying the fools pass ...very slowly.. I can see why its called that because it feels scary ahaha but if you ge slow and reaaally look where the shavette is going its fine...note: fresh shavers do not try a fools pass you will get nicked or slice your nose...so now its wtg axtg and atg with face and lip ..not very good at fools pass yet so it gets a little rough...but with time it should get better and easier

Any TOBS scent likely performs the same. I got hooked on Lavender so I got the Lavender as a somewhat cheaper alternative to AoS. TOBS does perform, but not more so than, say, Arko Regular Kremi which is a lot cheaper. Sometimes I stretch the sweeter-smelling TOBS with the Arko Kremi. I shower after the shave, so it all washes off anyway.

Top Bottom