What's new

Taylor Creams, different textures

I’ve just received some Taylor shaving creams and I can’t help but notice how their textures are different. I have no idea as to how it impacts the shaving comfort, though I have no doubt they are all quality products (I’m quite partial to the brand). Did anybody else notice these differences in textures? Do they vary according to the scent or randomly?

Shaving shop:
proxy.php

Mr Taylor
proxy.php

Eton College
proxy.php

Note Bene: Sandalwood and St James are similar to Eton College.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
When it comes to Taylor, it's a crapshoot.

I have a lavender that I can literally pour out of the tub and a very stiff avocado that can plug a radiator leak, with various other blends in between. Surprisingly, they all still whip up into a nice lather.

I can confirm that my tub of St-James cream has the same texture as your Eton college. Visually it's the most appealing of the three. Your Mr. Taylor looks like my GFT Coconut: very dense and firm. No brush dipping for me here: I really have to scoop it out with a small plastic spoon.
But hey, as long as you can get great lather...?

As someone who goes through a lot of creams, I can tell you that it is just part of the experience - there is a lot of variation in texture, likely due to changes in storage, shipping conditions, etc. The actual lathering/shaving properties are not affected.

Also, don't believe the hype that it is limited to Taylor; I see just as much variation in Trumper, T&H, etc.

ouch said:
When it comes to Taylor, it's a crapshoot.

I have a lavender that I can literally pour out of the tub and a very stiff avocado that can plug a radiator leak, with various other blends in between. Surprisingly, they all still whip up into a nice lather.
So you have run into a stiff avocado have you? While you can plug a radiator leak, I am able to drives nails with mine!!!:rolleyes:

Scotto said:
As someone who goes through a lot of creams, I can tell you that it is just part of the experience - there is a lot of variation in texture, likely due to changes in storage, shipping conditions, etc. The actual lathering/shaving properties are not affected.

Also, don't believe the hype that it is limited to Taylor; I see just as much variation in Trumper, T&H, etc.
Visionary! I really don't find that to be the case with the T&H. Oddly enough, I even find their tubes to be relatively consistent in texture and density. THat does not say they are better, only more consistent.

guenron said:
Visionary! I really don't find that to be the case with the T&H. Oddly enough, I even find their tubes to be relatively consistent in texture and density. THat does not say they are better, only more consistent.
Unfortunately I can report a large variation in T&H as well, from liquid to cement. This seems to vary more by cream variation with them, whereas with Taylor you can order the same cream over and over and get a different texture each time.

jimmy_g32 said:
Just to add to the melting point: my tub of Taylor's Avocado is about the loosest and runniest cream I own!

Yep. My tub of Avacado is rediculously runny as well. It lathers/shaves great though.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
guenron said:
So you have run into a stiff avocado have you? While you can plug a radiator leak, I am able to drives nails with mine!!!:rolleyes:

Oh yeah? Well, I can cut glass with mine!
Wait. We are talking about shaving cream, aren't we?:rolleyes:

Top Bottom