What's new

Tatara Masamune vs Rockwell 6s :: Initial Thoughts & Considerations

Not at all picky about where my blades come from, as long as they work for me. And while I did have a fling with Nacets a while back, I eventually determined they just weren't panning out for me and moved on. I did give them a shot in the Masamune but after one shave, I felt like history was repeating itself.

The Bic Chrome Platinum has been in the back of my mind for some time, I've just never actually pulled the trigger on any. Might be time to pop over to the Blade Exchange and see if the Bic is an option... 🤔

Thanks for the input!
Make sure to grab some Astors as well as the usual BCPs, they are similar but I believe the coating is different. I managed to find 100 Astors for cheaper than the Platinums. According to one poster here, they are commonly available in shops in C/E Europe.

Make sure to grab some Astors as well as the usual BCPs, they are similar but I believe the coating is different. I managed to find 100 Astors for cheaper than the Platinums. According to one poster here, they are commonly available in shops in C/E Europe.
BIC Astor stainless blades are one of the very common DE blade brands sold in Romanian supermarkets. Usually they come in cardboard boxes of 100 blades (20 packs of 5 blades each) for about 15-16 euros.

Attachments

• BIC Astor stainless.jpg
    BIC Astor stainless.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 13

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
The Bic Chrome Platinum has been in the back of my mind for some time, I've just never actually pulled the trigger on any. Might be time to pop over to the Blade Exchange and see if the Bic is an option...
That's a blade that left me very unimpressed. I only had one tuck, so it could have been a bad lot, but one of the tuggiest blades I've ever used. Everyone says how sharp they are, for me it was tug city.
Make sure to grab some Astors as well as the usual BCPs, they are similar but I believe the coating is different.
I want to try them some day and probably another tuck of Chrome plats just to see if they can be that horrible (in my eyes, I know they work well for some)
BIC Astor stainless blades are one of the very common DE blade brands sold in Romanian supermarkets.
Interesting.

Top Bottom