What's new

Target Shaving bowl idea

I went to my local Target tonight and they have this "Thomas O'Brien Dipping Bowl" on sale for $3.19. It has small ridges inside it to help create the lather.

I searched online on Target.com to get a picture of it but can't find it.

I'll have to take a picture with my digital camera next time I have the lather built up.

It's very nice, fits in the palm of my hand like a champ and it's made out of thin porcelain so when placed in the sink full of hot water, it stays warm and keep my lather warm. :thumbup:

pictures to come....

Just wanted to share this idea.

They're in with the serving patters and such. I grabbed a few of these last time I was there, they work great.

I bought mine in the section that has plates, cups, bowls etc....the bottom of mine says "Thomas O'Brien Dipping Bowl".

It's cream colored with tan lines on it.

Here are some pictures of the one I bought.

I'll get some tomorrow with a lather built up. (keep in mind I'm a beginner, so the lather may not look like you professionals) :blushing:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I just bought the same bowl last week. It has a classic look that goes well with the vintage razors and it was the perfect size and shape to build a great lather.

Thanks for the help. I will have to make a trip to Target to see if I can find one. Wife took away the mug I was using. Aparently it is not appropriate for me to use the stuff we got from her grandmother...

I dropped by Target on my way home from work today to see if I could get one of these bowls. I also stopped in the shaving aisle hoping that I might get lucky and find something other than the usual shelf full of cartridges and canned goo, even though there never is. Much to my surprise, today there was! :thumbup:

I got a 6oz tub of Shea Butter & African Black Soap shaving cream ($5.99) and a decent looking brush ($8.99). The brush feels like badger hair, although the packaging doesn't specifically say this.

Not a bad haul! All of this for under $20:

EDIT: Avoid the shaving cream. See here for details.

Last edited:
I dropped by Target myself yesterday and picked up the blue one... shaved last nite with goderji and the later was QUICK and amazing!!

LOVE IT

I dropped by Target on my way home from work today to see if I could get one of these bowls. I also stopped in the shaving aisle hoping that I might get lucky and find something other than the usual shelf full of cartridges and canned goo, even though there never is. Much to my surprise, today there was! :thumbup:

I got a 6oz tub of Shea Butter & African Black Soap shaving cream ($5.99) and a decent looking brush ($8.99). The brush feels like badger hair, although the packaging doesn't specifically say this.

That brush is working great for me. There is a thread here with some good discussion about it.

I picked up this bowl a couple of months ago when I decided to bowl lather instead of face lather. It works great. Mine is blue. I haven't seen the Shea Butter & African Black Soap at Target, though. The ones around me have very limited shaving supplies. I know Walmart carries it. What's it like?

The brush is badger and pretty nice. I haven't used their cream, but it's gotten absolutely horrible reviews from everyone on here who tried it.

Top Bottom