What's new

Target & Proraso

I don't know if anyone has thought about this, but we should start bombarding Target with letters or emails about their placement of Proraso in their stores.

If they don't sell enough of this product, they could stop carrying it. Non- shaving forum members probably don't even see the stuff.

Okay, I got this ball rolling. Here is what I stated in my email to Target. Hopefully it will give you guys something to work off of. I mentioned B&B, and it may be a good idea to include that in your emails to Target.

To whom it may concern,

In regards to the newly added to your stores Proraso products being located in the Spa section adjacent to cosmetics. I find this products location in your stores to be problematic. As these are shaving products, they belong in the shaving section.

I belong to an online shaving forum, BadgerandBlade.com, and Proraso is held in high esteem with my fellow members, and we are glad Target has started stocking Proraso. However, it is difficult for many people to find due to its location, and those are people specifically looking for Proraso at Target. It would seem better for everyone, Target included, if these products were in a more appropriate aisle.

I emailed them some time back (I can't even remember how long ago) asking about the placement and the logic behind it. Here is the reply:

Oh, I didn't get one!

Randy

At both Orlando Target locations I frequent Proraso is almost always sold out. I think they may be selling strongly, even with the poor product placement. This is only for the soap, not the cream. People here don't seem to like the cream for some reason. Or the ASB.

rtaylor61 said:
I emailed them some time back (I can't even remember how long ago) asking about the placement and the logic behind it. Here is the reply:

Oh, I didn't get one!

Randy

If we make a group effort on this, they might acknowledge this, or atleast move the Proraso.

In the "spa section"?
No wonder I've never seen it at Targets around here. I kept looking in the mens shaving section.

jfm said:
At both Orlando Target locations I frequent Proraso is almost always sold out. I think they may be selling strongly, even with the poor product placement. This is only for the soap, not the cream. People here don't seem to like the cream for some reason. Or the ASB.

All the Targets I have been in don't put very many bottles/boxes on the shelf. I don't know if that is due to how much product they have on hand, how well it may be selling, or because they want customers to think it sells like hotcakes.

Anyway, it took me all of 3 minutes to fire off my email to Target. So why not?

It would be nice to know if someone besides Art thinks this is a good idea, and whether emails are being sent. A group effort will have more swaying power.

jfm said:
I have the opposite problem. Can't EVER find the cream!:mad:
I agree with this mass mailing thing, and while I think they ought to move it over with the shaving gear, I wouldn't even care as long as they would actually keep the full range in stock! Firing off email now!

PalmettoB said:
I have the opposite problem. Can't EVER find the cream!:mad:
I agree with this mass mailing thing, and while I think they ought to move it over with the shaving gear, I wouldn't even care as long as they would actually keep the full range in stock! Firing off email now!

Thank you. Hopefully in the right spot in Target stores, Proraso will continue to be available for a looooooooong time.

I didn't say I wouldn't be writing them! :wink2:

mrs. chefchris said:
All the Targets I have been in don't put very many bottles/boxes on the shelf. I don't know if that is due to how much product they have on hand, how well it may be selling, or because they want customers to think it sells like hotcakes.

Anyway, it took me all of 3 minutes to fire off my email to Target. So why not?

It would be nice to know if someone besides Art thinks this is a good idea, and whether emails are being sent. A group effort will have more swaying power.

JoAnna,

People are lazy. Not me, but most other folks! :biggrin:

Maybe if you also posted the email address along with the email message, some of these lazy guys might find it easier to fire off that email!:wink:

Well, I won't be writing because we don't have Target in Canada, so it's kinda moot really. In fact, we don't have any stores that sell Proraso, so for those of us in the Great White, it's Internet only, plus the requisite nazi shakedown at the border, always adds that element of excitement and danger to ordering a small shaving product from our fellow NAFTA member.

Peace,

Pierre

rtaylor61 said:

Oh, I didn't get one!

Randy

Hey I got the same one. :biggrin: :biggrin:

vox_rox said:
Well, I won't be writing because we don't have Target in Canada, so it's kinda moot really. In fact, we don't have any stores that sell Proraso, so for those of us in the Great White, it's Internet only, plus the requisite nazi shakedown at the border, always adds that element of excitement and danger to ordering a small shaving product from our fellow NAFTA member.

Peace,

Pierre

Pierre,

There are shops in Canada that sell Proraso... In fact, I have a little Itallian grocery store about a 5 minute walk from my home that carries a limited range of Proraso products... Also you can find it in SOME independent drug stores as well as at some of the Loeb grocery stores. If you look for it, you will find it... that said, we still don't have Target, so you don't need to e-mail them.

Top Bottom