What's new

TAOS Creams at Ross & Burlington Coat Factory

I picked up some tubs of The Art of Shaving shave creams at my local Ross and Burlington Coat Factory today.

Ross had two tubs of the Olibanum + Pepper shave cream and a tubs of the Peppermint shave cream. The creams were listed for $9 each. I grabbed a tub of the Olibanum + Pepper.

Burlington had six tubs of the Peppermint shave cream. Half of them were listed for $6 the other half was priced at $8. I grabbed two of the $6 tubs (one for myself and one for a buddy).

I figured I'd spread the word that some of the local (in the US, at least) second season department stores are stocking up on shaving creams (for the holiday shopping season?).

great bargain! congrats! the peppermint is superb!

the art of shaving peppermint rudy vey weber aqua velva ice sport november 6 2018.jpg

Scooped up two tubs at Burlington: Peppermint & Bergamot-Neroli. Excited to give the Peppermint a run. Also found the AoS cologne Green Lavender 100ml for $20 :eek2:
Nice! I'm a big fan of lavender in general. I even like to spray my bedsheets with a lavender scented spray.

How's the Bergamot-Neroli? I've not seen it at my local Ross stores. I did pick up a Cardamom & Coriander, though.

I also tried the AoS Peppermint because it was $8 at Ross. While I started with too much water and it smells like you are shaving with a candy cane, oh that lather. Wow. It thickened up and was very slick. Great stuff.

Just opened the Bergamot-Neroli jar to get a whiff. It's very well balanced. You can pick up the bergamot clearly and catch the bitter orange on the back end. I think bergamot alone has a deeper scent profile. The neroli to me is a bit brighter with a citrus overtone. Together it forms a unique and phenomenal smell. Looking forward to giving the Peppermint a shot. I've added it to my Shave Roulette bet sheet and eagerly await for it to hit. Cracked it open yesterday and I saw an apparition of Santa.

So far, I've tried the Cardamom & Coriander, the Olibanum + Pepper, and the Peppermint soaps. Of the three, I prefer the scent of the Olibanum + Pepper. The Peppermint smells nice in the tub, but seems to smell slightly off on the face. The Cardamom & Coriander smell okay, but I doubt I'll buy it again.

That said, all three lather pretty well and provide slick shaves.

My local burlington had nothing and the Ross only had a The aos eucalyptus balm for $12.99. I picked it up becuase my unscented aos balm is almost done and i realy like the texture and feel. Really want the olibanum version. Sounds awesome.

Crazy to see this happening. The stores were never that profitable or busy with buyers when they had them in major malls and now they have just Madison ave and Disney Springs.

I wonder if the brand is on it's way out. I bought small travel size stuff and my local Dollar Tree months back.

Crazy to see this happening. The stores were never that profitable or busy with buyers when they had them in major malls and now they have just Madison ave and Disney Springs.

I wonder if the brand is on it's way out. I bought small travel size stuff and my local Dollar Tree months back.
Dollar Tree!? Wow. That is a new one. You may be onto something... I've been curious how the King Gillette brand would play with AoS. Could very well be witnessing brand consolidation as P&G tries to turn the corner on Gillette losses and market share.

Dollar Tree has tin Weishi type razors and would be a perfect venue for Williams and Arko since they both seem to sell for that price point in stores in New Jersey. Arko being found in Turkish stores in Paterson and Clifton N.J.

Dollar Tree seems to buy closeouts as does Ollies which I found some good stuff at including a lifetime supply of Brut bar soap.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Dollar Tree has tin Weishi type razors and would be a perfect venue for Williams and Arko since they both seem to sell for that price point in stores in New Jersey. Arko being found in Turkish stores in Paterson and Clifton N.J.

Dollar Tree seems to buy closeouts as does Ollies which I found some good stuff at including a lifetime supply of Brut bar soap.
I like to mix the Brut bar soap with Arko. Face lather one side of the face with Arko, one with Brut. Lather is phenomenal, and basically smells like Brut!

Top Bottom