What's new

tam o'shanter hone 4"

i just found a tam o"shanter hone 4" in a box of stuff and had to research what it was and if had any value. It looks like it has never been used. Any comments?

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Per the terms of use...
7. B&B is not an appraisal site. All B&B members, asking and answering, new or old, should be aware that B&B is a community of users. We appreciate the collection of wetshaving gear for it's form and function, and valuation of said gear is acceptable provided your sole intent is not resale. Any member which uses B&B as their value and/or identification service with intent to profit will have their membership removed. Any thread that asks for value or identification may be deleted at the sole discretion of the moderator team.

4"x <0.5"x <0.5"? Those were used for cleaning up soldering joints if memory serves. Would be tricky to use with razors, and I don't love Tams with razors anyway. I like Tam's with knives, but 4" is teeny for use with knives.

Given the general speed of tams, unless it is for fine work like smoothing joints where you need the rods more is definitely more. I enjoy them with razors... I should say, I enjoy those massive dual hones I have with razors as I can pretty much do a no slurry progression provided I lead into the dalmore wisely and follow the tam with another bump forward.

Reactions: LJS
Top Bottom