What's new

Tallow vs. Vegetable base for Tabac/Speick sticks now at Fendrihan

I just received my order of some shaving sticks from Fendrihan.

I got a Tabac Original Soap Stick (i.e., not the refill). It turns out to be the old tallow-base, just as advertised on the website. I have no idea how many of these old tallow-based sticks they have in stock. But if you want one, now seems like the time to load up before they run out!

I also got a Tabac Original Shaving Soap Stick Refill. Unfortunately, while it is advertised as the old-tallow base, what I received was the new vegetable base. Either way, the web site currently shows, "Sold Out."

I note that their advertised Speick Shaving Soap Stick is the old tallow-based one (the image shows the tallow-based one, the ingredients are for the tallow-based one, and they explicitly answer a question about which they carry, as of 07/11/2022: "We have the old tallow formula currently in stock"). So again, if you want a tallow-based Speick stick, now seems like a good time to load up on them from Fendrihan before they run out.

Eric

It sounds like you made out pretty well, @altruistguy !

I am very curious about your impressions of the Tabac tallow vs veggie, both in regard to scent and performance. I'm one of those guys who enjoys the the tallow Tabac performance and scent, but haven't tried their veggie soap base yet.

I am very curious about your impressions of the Tabac tallow vs veggie, both in regard to scent and performance. I'm one of those guys who enjoys the the tallow Tabac performance and scent, but haven't tried their veggie soap base yet.
Unfortunately, I haven't tried tallow Tabac yet. I've been very impressed by the vegan Tabac that I've tried, though. The first time I tried it, I was impressed by the ease of lathering, but totally blown away by the amazingly good post-shave feel (i.e., moist, not dry). I very much like the vegan Tabac--and presume that I'd also like the tallow Tabac.

Eric

If you like the Tabac (v), perhaps start airing out the Tallow Stick now to mellow it.
To my nose, the tallow version is more robust; vegan version is missing an element to it so it smells different to me.

Get it while you can.
I managed to get my hands on about twelve tallow jars.
I've got 6 in reserve and have no idea how I will use this all - but it'll be fun trying:001_wub:

Yes, the Tallow Speick is fantastically good.
I will add that the couple shaves I've taken from the Vegan formulation is very good as well.
It lags a touch in performance when compared to the original, but on its own I wouldn't have a complaint taking this on travel.

We'll see under consistent use, either in July or September when I'm on a trip again.

Top Bottom