10/5/21

Excellent shave!

- Blackland Tradere OC
-Rapira Super Stainless (1st)
-AP Shave Co. Brass XL 28mm synbad
-Capt Choice Copper Bowl

-PAA Ice Cube
- Tabac Soap and Splash

Starting with the razor: this thing is fantastic. The open comb is perfect for me. It has some blade feel, but is still SMOOTH. It is also very efficient at removing hair. I'd say this one is a 7-7.5 efficiency but if you get the cutting angle right (steep/ handle closer to skin) it'll reward you with a very smooth and comfy shave.

Lather: This is my third use with tabac (tallow). The lather is as slick as anything else and dense. Even adding a bunch of water is fine, this handles it. What an amazing performing soap.

Brush: first use with this knot. I got the brass handle to match my brass blackbird. The knot i got based on reviews. It is an amazing knot and maybe my favorite one yet. It is soft to the face but plenty of back bone. So well balanced. It is a Lather monster but let's the lather go very easily. I'm very impressed.
20211004_214438 (1).jpg
20211005_061046.jpg

20211012_065803-01.jpeg
SOTD #250/2021
12-10-2021

>> Tallow Tabac Tuesday/ SOCTOBER / OCtober <<

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue TSN LE 3-band Silvertip
Soap: Mäurer & Wirtz ~ Tabac
Razor: Above The Tie OC "H2-plate"
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Mäurer & Wirtz Tabac ASL, Nivea Sensitive asb.

A VERY close shave. I kind of slowed down within my two passes today, the H2 plate doesn't accept a speedy shave - you would end up with pink lather otherwise. Subsequent to some minor touchups my skin feels calm and smooth like wet dolphin skin. A great brush, a great soap and a lovely shave result...couldn't be happier with this shave.

Enjoy your Tallow Tabac Tuesday, y'all!

Great shave with tallow Tabac this morning, but I can't really participate here, as most weekdays I try to keep total shaving time down to five minutes, including cleanup. If you gents are doing all that and taking these magnificent photos to boot, in five minutes, well, you have abilities I lack. Keep it up!

20211017_174507-01 (1)-01-01.jpeg
SOTD #255/2021
19-10-2021

>> TALLOW TABAC TUESDAYS/ SOCTOBER / OCtober / TABACTOBER <<

Brush: Semogue Owners Club Premium Boar
Razor: Above The Tie OC S2-plate
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (4)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Mäurer & Wirtz ~ Tabac ASL, Neutrogena Hydro Boost Aqua Creme.

Enjoy your Tallow Tabac Tuesday!

20211024_111022-01.jpeg
SOTD #259/2021
26-10-2021

>> TALLOW TABAC TUESDAYS/SOCTOBER / OCtober <<

Brush: Semogue Owners Club Mistura Cherry wood
Razor: Mühle R41 GS
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (4)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Tabac ASL, Neutrogena Hydro Boost Aqua Creme.

Two very smooth passes today, I chose a shallow angle with the R41 GS (this angle worked flawlessly and was nice). No nicks or irritation - just a great shave with a lovely lather and a fine BBS result.

Enjoy your Tallow Tabac Tuesday!

Last edited:
Tallow Tabac Tuesday Shave:

Gillette Heritage kit razor
Dorco Prime (4)
Yaqi Two-band Mysterious Space brush
Tabac shave soap in glass jar
Dickinson's witch hazel
Clubman Classic Vanilla aftershave lotion

Tallow Tabac did a great job, as usual...probably could have shaved twice with all the lather.

Top Bottom