What's new

Tallow Tabac Tuesdays

Scenes from the funeral, part 1:

1629898010897.png

Just out of interest, does anyone have an image of the new 'non' tallow stuff and packaging? When did it all change?
The change was not announced, as far as I know. The new version of the products just began quietly appearing in shops over the past few months.

1629967940213.png

There's not much change in appearance except for the list of ingredients. Note the old version lists potassium tallowate, sodium tallowate, potassium cocoate and sodium cocoate while the new version lists potassium laurate and sodium laurate.

The change was not announced, as far as I know. The new version of the products just began quietly appearing in shops over the past few months.

View attachment 1317369

There's not much change in appearance except for the list of ingredients. Note the old version lists potassium tallowate, sodium tallowate, potassium cocoate and sodium cocoate while the new version lists potassium laurate and sodium laurate.
Thanks for the reply, Just checked my refill puck currently in use and it's the old version - phew. However I have an order on the way in the milkglass jar, is it likely to be the old or new? when did they start to change?
not that I have anything againstnontallow saps, I have two awesome ones from SV(desert vetiver) and PdP (no.63), love them both, and if the non tallow Tabac is similar I'll be happy

My only tallow soap in a company of about 20 soaps.So glad I bought it without knowing it was a tallow soap.
I am looking forward to trying the new version.

20210830_190810-01-01-01-01.jpeg

Tabac, finally. It felt like greeting an old friend. I really, really enjoyed the "All Aventus August" shaves with the various "Aventus" soaps, but during the last couple of days I realized I was beginning to stroll around this lovely bowl. I guess all the talk about tallow/non tallow Tabac in the various threads lately has made me really look forward to using Tabac again... And Tabac's performance didn't let me down... what a lovely shave :001_wub:

Enjoy your TTT!

20210906_155004-01.jpeg
SOTD #226/2021
07-09-2021

>> Tallow Tabac Tuesday<<

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Omega 10108 Boar
Soap: Mäurer and Wirtz ~ Tabac
Razor: Gillette Super Speed Red Tip
Blade: vintage Polsilver (3)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Stirling Soap ~ Orange Chill AS, witch hazel and psb.
Fragrance: POLO Red EdT

Another stunningly smooth and close shave with the excellent Polsilver Stainless. Enjoyed the tallow based Tabac quite a bit, too. It plain and simple performs.
3 passes. No touchups, no irritation, no drama - just BBS.

I closed the shave with Stirling's Orange Chill post shave products (AS, witch hazel and psb). I know this appears olfactory-wise odd, but the orange driven scent of OC works nicely with Tabac's scent imo.

Happy shaves, y'all!

Last edited:
Top Bottom