What's new

tallow bomb!

I found delicate laundrya soap called Zote. It is pure tallow soap. I'm gonna mill it and melt it. I'll post shave results :)

Be careful. It could be harsh on your face if it's meant for laundry, even delicates.

Also, if you put a tallow soap in the microwave it could burn.

I'm not sure if this will make a good shaving soap. The tallow alone doesn't guarantee a shave-worthy lather.

I found delicate laundrya soap called Zote. It is pure tallow soap. I'm gonna mill it and melt it. I'll post shave results :)

I think this is a b idea - it contains "optical brighteners" and citronella oil, both of which could be irritating.

If you decide to melt it, you need to use the double boiler method and not the microwave.

Its your face, so feel free to push the envelope - let us know how it goes.

I think its worth pointing out that simply because a soap contains tallow does not mean it will work well as a shave soap.

I think it's also worth stating that detergents that were never meant to be used on human skin probably shouldn't be used on human skin.

I think its worth pointing out that simply because a soap contains tallow does not mean it will work well as a shave soap.

Exactly.

Alot of hand soap bars have tallow, and they shave like caa-caa (somehow I know this....).

Williams has tallow, and remarkably enough, it shaves like caa-caa as well!:lol:

Another vote for "bad idea". This soap should not be used in direct contact with your skin...let alone when you are trying to shave.

Instead, why not make your own laundry soap?

sigh... this is what happens when one goes without a darn good shaving soap... the insanity starts setting in. Quickly! administer 25ccs of Truehill&Fit!

I think this is a b idea - it contains "optical brighteners" and citronella oil, both of which could be irritating.

If you decide to melt it, you need to use the double boiler method and not the microwave.

Its your face, so feel free to push the envelope - let us know how it goes.

Summer everning go to product.....Keeps the mosquitos away!:lol:

I would defer to the previous posts that this is not a good idea.

Tallow is only one ingredient. Tallow is white, lightweight and feels about the same as Crisco shortening or cooled bacon grease. Many soaps also contain stearic acid but you can't shave with it.

There is flour in cake too but you probably wouldn't like eating it by the spoonful.

While this detergent may feel ok in contact with your skin, using a sharp blade along with it will probably be quite uncomfortable.

Just my humble opinion.
Sue

All I have to say is with all the wonderful choices available out there for real shaving soap, why would ya?:blink:

"And in other news, a man in California lost several layers of facial skin by trying to shave with Zote Laundry Soap. The man, who would only identify himself as 'Omnichron', told reporters that he used the product because it has tallow in it as an ingredient. We'll talk more about this incredible mistake after these commercial messages."

Top Bottom