What's new

tallow bomb!

Home > Household > Laundry and Cleaning

http://www.mexgrocer.com/7255.html?productid=7255&channelid=FROOG
Brand Name: Zote

Catfish Bait - Zote Laundry Soap Bar - Pink 14 oz

ZOTE All-purpose pink laundry bar soap.

Ideal for Catfish bait. Fishing recipe: cut a bar of Zote soap into 5 or 8 chunks, it also works well for cat fishing, then you also have hand cleaner. Works well. Tight Lines...Zote Soap.

Zote’s citronella smell attracts the fish and it works better in warm waters. It’s ease to cut and stays well on the hook.

Having read this thread and having used this product for years to wash clothes etc , I just had to give it a go

Disclaimer ...I like Williams and its smell etc and..I am cheap :laugh:

As was said by others this works , works good( for me it may be the worst soap ever for others , ymmv etc etc ) , I would have no problem using this if I had to , I mean 14 oz of soap for .90 cents my gosh just buy yourself a whopping 5 dollars worth and use that old Rolls razor and your set for life :thumbup:

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I use Zote for washing clothes, would never use it for skin, especially my face.
20200228_113632_kindlephoto-5151918.jpg

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I was one of the people who used it on their faces. It worked fine. :idk:

why wouldn't you put it on your face? It's just soap.
I guess it just smells very strong to me and like something that would be too acidic for my face. Great for clothes though.

I guess it just smells very strong to me and like something that would be too acidic for my face. Great for clothes though.
I mean, fwiw, the scent does kind of suck. Plus, I think I threw the zote away about 9 years ago. :lol:

I now use soaps that cost 50X more. 🤦‍♂️

Ha, Not advisable.

We have made our own laundry detergent for years using Zote soap but I would not use it straight out of the bar. It’s got other stuff in it that in concentrate would be way to harsh.

For anyone interested.

1/2 bar Zote (pink or white) soap
1/2 cup Arm & Hammer washing soda
1/2 cup Borax (the 20 mule team stuff)
Makes 5 gallons, use 1 cup per load.
Grate soap into a 5 gallon pail of water leaving room to mix
add washing soda
add borax
mix and let sit until dissolved
Over 24 + hours mix a few times.
Pour into gallon jugs
Cost is less than $2 for the 5 gallons
Great laundry detergent.

Shave soap use is doubtful.

Eh... that does seem kinda harsh for the face. I did see the old catfish bait comment and that's legit, it's not a joke. Catfish love that stuff.

Top Bottom