What's new

tallow bomb!

"And in other news, a man in California lost several layers of facial skin by trying to shave with Zote Laundry Soap. The man, who would only identify himself as 'Omnichron', told reporters that he used the product because it has tallow in it as an ingredient. We'll talk more about this incredible mistake after these commercial messages."

:tongue_sm:w00t::lol:

Man you guys make me laugh.

Last edited:
So, I bought a bar at the Mexican grocery for $.89.

I grabbed it like a giant shave stick, and rubbed it on my hand.

I took a brush to it.

Imagine Williams, except easily latherable with hard water, plus MUCH better lather.

I'm not joking. The OP is on to something. The ingredients read purely enough to PROBABLY not be dangerous on the face.

I'm going to try it on my face on Monday.

Zote Laundry Soap Bar
proxy.php
$1.95

Merkur HD
proxy.php
$42.80

Rooney "Special" 3/1 Super Silvertip
proxy.php
$75

The expression on your friends face when they get a load of you

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

PRICELESS

guess what:

It worked amazingly well.

I'm being serious.

Remember, this stuff has to be gentle enough for soft hands to use with a washboard, and gentle enough to be on clothes that touch private parts.

It's not dangerous.

It lathers REALLY well

It shaves wonderfully

It rinses from the razor well

etc
etc
etc

The only thing I can't figure out is how the OP had trouble getting a close shave with it. :confused:

Ach, schaude! Soap by nature has a caustic component to it, usually Lye, highly toxic and will burn your skin. Tallow is a very smooth fat from around the kidney primarily. Straight tallow and lye can make very good soaps, mostly as detergent, or handsoap if diluted. I used a Buffalo Tallow Soap at one time, didn't work too bad for shaving, but it had many other oils incorporated in it. Didn't lather much but shave was reasonable. It was a very good, hand made, cold pressed soap, for skin. My suggestion: Don't do it! It's laundry soap! Damage can show up years later. With so many shaving soaps on the market, experiment with those. Have fun.

I shaved with it today.

It was alright. I think it might actually be Williams.

Lather kind of disappeared :(

I still don't see what's dangerous about it. The ingredients are about as toxic and harsh as any shave soap we already use.

I shaved with it today.

It was alright. I think it might actually be Williams.

Lather kind of disappeared :(

I still don't see what's dangerous about it. The ingredients are about as toxic and harsh as any shave soap we already use.

Now I've gotta try it. I've had the soap for a long time, but had forgotten until this thread was revived.

intrigued I am...

But I'm not falling for that intrigued sensation again...last time I did, the good Madame's soap burnt me face! :lol:

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Most soaps are made with lye - that is what turns oils into soap. The critical thing is to let the soap cure sufficiently or the lye will do its thing to you.

I use Octagon soap, an old Colgate launtry soap which is still available, to wash dished. It is truly wonderful stuff but I don't think it is made with tallow. Anyway I read it made a great bath soap that cleaned well, cured poision ivy and bug bites so I used it one day after I had been doing yard work and other filthy stuff. I had shaved that morning. It cleaned me up very well but I decided to use it to wash my face. Bad idea. It made Pinaud Bay Rum feel like a cooling balm.

I'm sticking with Williams for shaving.

"And in other news, a man in California lost several layers of facial skin by trying to shave with Zote Laundry Soap. The man, who would only identify himself as 'Omnichron', told reporters that he used the product because it has tallow in it as an ingredient. We'll talk more about this incredible mistake after these commercial messages."

absolutely too funny!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You just have to give a lot of credit to a guy who takes one for the team! :thumbup:

Didn't we all look forward to this turning out badly??? C'mon, you can admit it....

marty

Didn't we all look forward to this turning out badly??? C'mon, you can admit it....

If by badly, you mean it's too much like Williams, then yes, I've decided it turned out "badly". Otherwise, it works like any normal soap would.:glare:

It's not dangerous in any way.:001_cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue
Crisco shortening or cooled bacon grease.

Under no circumstances a man should use shortening:001_rolle

Yikes! I have a good friend who is an excellent plastic surgeon...let me know and I will put you in touch. I wonder if the "optical brighteners" makes ones face glow in the dark with repeated use.

Happy shaving,

Doug

Top Bottom