What's new

Tallow based soaps

...Then MdC got really popular, then artisans that made veggie soaps got more popular, and nowadays I think most people just realize that a soap is either good or it isn’t.
Unless there was an established tallow soap that somehow got reformulated to veggie! There is no B&B forgiveness for this transgression! In that case, the new soap is automatically assumed to be terrible because tallow is magical.
:laugh:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Unless there was an established tallow soap that somehow got reformulated to veggie! There is no B&B forgiveness for this transgression! In that case, the new soap is automatically assumed to be terrible because tallow is magical.
:laugh:
Nailed it!

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Nailed it!
In my short time here, it seems like any reformulation is automatically considered worse and drives demand to buy up the last of the "good".

We all want the latest alloy for our knee or hip replacement, but when it comes to soap... LOL There are so many good ones of all types, no one has to go home unhappy.

FarmerTan

In my short time here, it seems like any reformulation is automatically considered worse and drives demand to buy up the last of the "good".

We all want the latest alloy for our knee or hip replacement, but when it comes to soap... LOL There are so many good ones of all types, no one has to go home unhappy.
I ain't played the "Tallow is Better" game all that long, but as you know, my mama might have raised a few homely kids, but no dummies, and from the COUNTLESS friends I've been blessed by on here, I have received nearly as many soap samples!

Some of the first ones that weren't tallow were usually only good for the shower, ha.

But lately, even this Arkoholic has to admit that there be little difference between dead animals and dead vegetables in the soaps today.

On a side note, I thought you had been on here longer than me Mr @Chandu ! And look at you, ya already got yerself a fancy handle, you waxy ole badger you!

The soaps and creams I like most are not tallow.
SV, MDC, castle Forbes and Haslinger. I didnt like the Haslinger tallow nearly so much as their latest. I'd also add Meißner soaps.
Tallow tried included MWF and Vitos. Too much like lumps of lard!

Personally I prefer Tallow, mainly because of nostalgia and what i'm used to. I started shaving with Williams Mug soap back in 1961 then Old Spice till it was discontinued. Now I use 3 soaps Arko (bowl pressed) , Cella (kilo), Williams/Dove mix

Southern Witchcrafts vegan soap base is superb. I also like Catie's Bubbles luxury cream soap and Martin de Candre in addition to the aforementioned Saponificio Varesino for some other great vegan options.

I also think Grooming Dept Nai base is vegan, but I haven't used yet.
The Nai soap ia really great....wxpensive but superb!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I don't know why but I seems to get back to Arko sticks all the time.
I have some red and green Proraso soaps and creams, Muhle soap, Benjamin Barber soap, Rasozero soap, Tabac soap and lots of different shaving creams.
I use a soap, or a cream, and I like/love the scent, the cushioning, the slickness and I really enjoy my shave.
But after I used this soap, or cream, a few times I am back using Arko shave stick for maybe three to five shaves before I use the next soap or cream.
For me Arko is No.1

Last edited:

FarmerTan

Personally I prefer Tallow, mainly because of nostalgia and what i'm used to. I started shaving with Williams Mug soap back in 1961 then Old Spice till it was discontinued. Now I use 3 soaps Arko (bowl pressed) , Cella (kilo), Williams/Dove mix
I'll bet that Williams and Dove is a phenomenal combo my friend!

Top Bottom