What's new

Tallow-based soaps, withOUT lanolin?

I'm a fan of hard/milled tallow soaps. Love the shave, and what it does for my skin.

Any lanolin, OTOH, I apparently can't tolerate -- as nice as it shaves, it's terrible for my skin. The likes of MWF are, unfortunately, not an option for me :-(

What ARE your choices for good/recommended tallow-based hard-soaps that are also lanolin-free?

Afaict, the D.R.Harris soaps are one set. Thought that Eufros might be -- but looks like a no.

- chef

@boilerphan

As in zingariskin.com ?

These

say 'vegan' ...

The Artisan Soap Shoppe has some great tallow, non-lanolin soaps. Simple ingredients and works well. I'm not kin on some of the scents but they perform above their price point.

Yes, exactly. The ones named Sego are the new tallow base. The ones not named Sego are vegan.

West Coast Shaving and Maggard Razors also carry the line. Ruds did a review on the base today.

Grooming Dept has 2 lines of lanolin-free, tallow soaps, Janus tallow and Lusso. Valobra hard pucks are worthy to mention as well, they perform very well and are gentle on even on the most sensitive skin, they are now discontinued and sold only by a few retailers or you might find them on eBay. Check out Barrister and Mann's Reserve base as well as Tallow and Steel.

I hear ya.

Black Tie Razor punches way above it's price point. Of coarse Tabac, Valobra, Williams!

Check out the CBL Tonsorial thread too.

Last edited:
I have more of a problem finding soaps WITH lanolin.

Take a look at the soaps here:
www.shannonssoaps.com
She has a good variety of shaving soaps and is currently preparing a new goat's milk formula to be available soon. I tried a test sample vs the same stuff without goats milk & I actually prefer the goat's milk.

Top Bottom