What's new

Tall Boys

While I face lather more than I use the scuttle, I do enjoy a nice warm lather for a relaxing zen shave on a cold day. A tall handled brush like the trio below is not necessary but I do find it a bit easier. The Polo 8 in the middle arrived in the mail today. The handle is 67 mm as are both the M&Fs. The Simpson's knot is 27.7-52. The M&F on the left is 30.5-51 and on the right 28.2-57.6. The M&F on the left is the luxury piece here, with twice the density of its sister and über-soft tips. The Polo 8 is classic Simpson 2-band super. The 2nd shot shows it damp straight from a shave. The thinner P8 handle feels more elegant in the hand and overall has better proportions.

$IMG_2506.jpg
$IMG_2511.jpg

Very nice Polo 2 Band... Is this a current production run/custom? The knot is quite large. Mine is more 25/52mm and one of my favorite 2 Bands with very soft tips...

You preferred the smaller knot? Explain yourself, Sir!

The best knot is in the M&F on the left with the silver logo but not because it's the largest. It is very densely packed with incredibly soft hair. I think the Simpson's smaller handle is the best. My lack of clarity on these issues deserves your reprobation and I beg forgiveness.

Very nice Polo 2 Band... Is this a current production run/custom? The knot is quite large. Mine is more 25/52mm and one of my favorite 2 Bands with very soft tips...

Not sure of the vintage (purchased from BST) and it arrived in what appeared to be unused condition, although I believe it had seen lather. The hair seems much like my newer Simpson 2-bands although I don't think that means much. Another member recently received a Chubby 2 direct from Simpson that was larger than his Chubby 3, so we know the sizes can vary materially.

Top Bottom