What's new

Talking Dremel Rotary Tools & Accessories For Razor Restoration

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Just think how quickly and easily you could put an 8k edge on a razor with that slow water wheel, a couple stones and a leather wheel. what once took hours, now takes minutes.

Tormek has stones to 4k and maybe beyond if you dig for them.

Tormek Grinder, Japanese Water Stone Wheels for Tormek Grinders | FINE TOOLS

I dont know enough about electronics to say whats needed, but I have seen a variable speed setup where a knob was turned to select a certain rpm, with infinite range between. Only enough speed to do the work is needed.

There was a mobile sharpening truck around years ago, like an ice cream truck, he had music playing so you could hear him coming. He could put as finely a finished edge on anything you wanted other than a saw blade in 5 minutes or less. First on water stones, then a leather wheel.

I have a shop a couple blocks away I take my saw blades to, ETK Carbide Tool. They sharpen anything and I'm sure they also sell stones. I'll try and remember to ask when I'm in next but that likely wont be until spring. They're a very busy commercial shop, usually with a 7-10 day wait on my saw blades.

I don't know if razors can be honed on a tool of that sort, but why not?

Very interesting. Also very cool to have a great shop in the neighborhood, a place which sharpens very, very well.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I love these tools, but they require more razor purchases and buyers who want what I am producing. I could put a sign out " Does Anyone Need Anything Shined and Sharpened?" "Straight Razors Sharpened Here."

Maybe I could give Johnloc and JR a run for their money. But, what happens when a member gets one of my razors and claims it was not shave ready. How embarrassing.

I'm glad I'm across this thread...thanks for the all info that has been shared! I just bought a Dremel and bunch of accessories yesterday to do a resto on a razor that I have! Information inundation...going to have reread a lot of this and do some digesting before I jump in, but valuable to say the least!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I'm glad I'm across this thread...thanks for the all info that has been shared! I just bought a Dremel and bunch of accessories yesterday to do a resto on a razor that I have! Information inundation...going to have reread a lot of this and do some digesting before I jump in, but valuable to say the least!

The amount of information on this forum, about virtually anything and everything, is mind boggling lol.

Top Bottom