What's new

Talk me out of buying a Rex Konsul

Point 1
It's not only Shaving, it's your hobby

Point 2
Look at the prices of high end electric razors.

Point 3
Do what makes you happy

He makes some handsome razors however I think you need a Muramasa. I just ordered one, $285 with their sale. I’m also going to Phoenix in a few weeks so thanks for helping me spend more money 🥺. I hope I can touch and feel many hundreds of brushes, that would be cool.
I was going to buy a Muramasa, but Tatara said they cannot sell anything to Japan until 12 Sept 🥺 because some exclusive distribution agreement on Masamune. Now I am thinking about going for a Konsul too.;)

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
I don’t want to know how many razors I have. I never took a count yet I was temped by the 15% discount on the Konsul which would bring it under $300. Will this be the razor to end my quest for shaving Nirvana? There is only one way to find out. That razor is the equivalent of two of my wife’s trips to the hair dresser. I still find it difficult to pull the trigger. I think it’s time to have the Konsul discussion with my honey. I’m referring to her as honey to practice how to best plead my case. Here goes! See ya later.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I need to stop hanging out with people experiencing RAD, etc. I'm pretty sure it's contagious. <eg>

On a happy note, instead of ordering a Lupo 95OC... I emailed the Italian Barber. I asked them if they were planning to come out with a 72OC any time soon. They got right back to me.. said that is likely in 3 or 4 months.

I think the Lupo 95OC might be a bit aggressive for me.

So I have a work trip that is going to take me to Phoenix in a week or so. I plan on paying an in-person visit to Razor Emporium and buying some goodies. I have been spending money on pricey razors lately and I am trying to not, but I hear that the Konsul is fantastic for sensitive skin faces. I originally didn't plan on buying another razor but this has piqued my interest a lot and since I happen to be able to go in person to check it out, I am having a tough time finding the reasons to NOT buy this razor lol.

To give you an example of some of the razors I have. In the current rotation are:

Timeless scalloped .95
Blackland Blackbird
Rockwell T2
Pearl Flexi

Would the Konsul be a good addition to the fleet, and more so, would it be a good match for my face?
Amazing razor. Great weight, efficient as hell and damn near 0 blade feel. If you like blade feel more and want a similar razor go with the Ambassador

Top Bottom