What's new

Talk me out of buying a Rex Konsul

Cheap and crooked, buy a Rocnel Sailor instead. Thank me later🤣🤣🤣🤣
Okay. Buy a Turkish razor with no guarantees, zero support after the sale, pay using a foreign MO transfer, pray the transaction and shipping goes well, and hope you enjoy the bulky head design. I will buy American, certified materials, lifetime warranty, and great shaves with a Rex.

Rex is anything but cheap and crooked that is for sure, although I am sure that is a fun poke at it being a slant.

I have been looking at the 2022 Rocnel Sailor but the price is quite hefty and they are hard to find sold in the states. I will probably get one though.

Rex is anything but cheap and crooked that is for sure, although I am sure that is a fun poke at it being a slant.

I have been looking at the 2022 Rocnel Sailor but the price is quite hefty and they are hard to find sold in the states. I will probably get one though.
RE has had issues over the years, that's for sure; however I took a chance after the first couple of batches of Ambassadors came out, and I am more than pleased with mine!

On that note, yeeeeah, I keep looking at the Konsul too...

07B338EB-C816-4E32-AF86-36ACAD49BE6A.jpeg

Received the goodies today. Gonna do the maiden shave tomorrow!

So I have a work trip that is going to take me to Phoenix in a week or so. I plan on paying an in-person visit to Razor Emporium and buying some goodies. I have been spending money on pricey razors lately and I am trying to not, but I hear that the Konsul is fantastic for sensitive skin faces. I originally didn't plan on buying another razor but this has piqued my interest a lot and since I happen to be able to go in person to check it out, I am having a tough time finding the reasons to NOT buy this razor lol.

To give you an example of some of the razors I have. In the current rotation are:

Timeless scalloped .95
Blackland Blackbird
Rockwell T2
Pearl Flexi

Would the Konsul be a good addition to the fleet, and more so, would it be a good match for my face?
Please put a bug in Matt’s ear to make a 3 piece version of the Konsul.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Lovely razor. I've had to force myself to change to another razor whenever I get done a blade in the Konsul. Otherwise I may as well sell/pif them all away; they'd get no use.

O.H.

Yeeeaaahhh. I fought the good fight, but I saw a really good deal on the 'bay...watched, thinking SURELY someone else will...but no, it came to me.😁

Smoother than the Rex settings above 3, and at least as efficient. I was afraid I would not like the diamond-tread knurling, but for me, its just as good, and looks less industrial. It came with the stand, which is actually the shocker- its a damn stainless steel hockey puck! This thing is HUGE & heavy! Way oversized, IMO, for the razors' size.

Very nice set & I doubt you'd be disappointed; however, based on where I got it, it won't fit for some folks.

I got one as a birthday gift. Have to try to send it back. Has machining burrs and uneven sand papper marks all over the side. Unacceptable for a premium priced razor. Bought it off beardandblade in Australia hopefully it goes well.

Attachments

• 20231027_090227.jpg
    20231027_090227.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 39
I got one as a birthday gift. Have to try to send it back. Has machining burrs and uneven sand papper marks all over the side. Unacceptable for a premium priced razor. Bought it off beardandblade in Australia hopefully it goes well.
That's not how it's supposed to be.
I have no clue how such a razor could ever pass RE' quality control.

You should ask the vendor to replace it or to refund the retail price...

That's not how it's supposed to be.
I have no clue how such a razor could ever pass RE' quality control.

You should ask the vendor to replace it or to refund the retail price...
Thanks I have an Ambassador it doesn't have any issues. I still want one hopefully I can get a replacement.

Top Bottom