What's new

Talk Me Out of A Chubby 2 Synthetic!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Good move, Sir!!

I face-lather and definitely prefer the CH1 to the bigger chubbies!! Any bigger would be too much for me.
:thumbup: :thumbup:
I have a Chubby 1 in Best already and it is a terrific brush. The Simpson mid range knots- like the Chubby 1, Duke 3, and Eagle 3- are my wheelhouse when it comes to comfort and enjoyment. I'd love a Chubby 1 in Super but at this point I can't justify the expense.

My biggest issue I’ve encountered with Simpson brushes (Real hair and synthetic) is no matter what I do I cannot seem to load enough cream into them.

I even went as far as loading my Trafalgar like I hated it for over a minute and still had to go back to the well for the third pass. I’ve never encountered that with any of my other brushes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My biggest issue I’ve encountered with Simpson brushes (Real hair and synthetic) is no matter what I do I cannot seem to load enough cream into them.

I even went as far as loading my Trafalgar like I hated it for over a minute and still had to go back to the well for the third pass. I’ve never encountered that with any of my other brushes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've a Chubby3 badger and load enough for 4 passes, with ease! And far less than a minute.

As promised, I'm checking back in after my first shave with my new-to-me Chubby 2 Synthetic. I was in a hurry, so my impressions are still somewhat preliminary. Compared to my Trafalgar 2 this brush is quite a bit different. It's denser, and face feel is very, very nice. Larger knot, higher loft make for a very nice brush - for me. I think it might like painting a bit more than circular motions (are those the right terms?), but building a huge heap of lather was quick and easy. Luxurious face feel with just the right amount of scrub.

After only one use I'm very happy. Very. At this point I'm not sure why I'd want to keep the Trafalgar 2. It's a great brush in its own right and I have zero regrets in buying it. But, my intent was to own just one, and I'm reasonably certain the Chubby 2 will be that one. Now, never say never, so who can tell what the future holds. I'll hold on to it for a few weeks, get better acquainted with the Chubby 2, but I'd expect the Trafalgar 2 will be on the market before too long.

A quick shout out to @herbert7890. Dealing with him was fantastic, well above and beyond. Big time thanks!

As promised, I'm checking back in after my first shave with my new-to-me Chubby 2 Synthetic. I was in a hurry, so my impressions are still somewhat preliminary. Compared to my Trafalgar 2 this brush is quite a bit different. It's denser, and face feel is very, very nice. Larger knot, higher loft make for a very nice brush - for me. I think it might like painting a bit more than circular motions (are those the right terms?), but building a huge heap of lather was quick and easy. Luxurious face feel with just the right amount of scrub.

After only one use I'm very happy. Very. At this point I'm not sure why I'd want to keep the Trafalgar 2. It's a great brush in its own right and I have zero regrets in buying it. But, my intent was to own just one, and I'm reasonably certain the Chubby 2 will be that one. Now, never say never, so who can tell what the future holds. I'll hold on to it for a few weeks, get better acquainted with the Chubby 2, but I'd expect the Trafalgar 2 will be on the market before too long.

A quick shout out to @herbert7890. Dealing with him was fantastic, well above and beyond. Big time thanks!
Glad you are enjoying your Chubby 2 synth!

Congrats to freeblues and herbert for the quick deal:thumbup1:
I couldn't warm up to my CH2 synth because of the only minimal splay.
For face lathering I prefer by badgers ... incl. a CH2 best.

Top Bottom