What's new

Talk Me Off the Ledge (20% off Simpsons)

"Good Spirit... Your nature intercedes for me, and pities me. Assure me that I yet may change these shadows you have shown me, by an altered life!"
From the George C. Scott version? All the shadows are changeable save the name on the stone. As is the possibility of my being able to afford a Simpson brush

Gentlemen DARN YOU! , while you were talking someone off the ledge, ya'll pushed me off 😂 I didn't even know about the 20% off sale. I've been thinking I would be missing out if I didn't experience a Simpson's brush in Super. It's hard to resist 20% off a really nice brush. So hopefully in a week or so I'll get to experience a great brush in Super.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Consider the M7 in Super Badger. Best deal they're offering. When the M7 was resurrected as a LE circa 2012 it was only offered in 3 band Super and it cost over $300 USD. You can get one in today's 20% off sale for less than $130. I love mine. Got it 2 years ago during the 20% off sale.
Can't believe I'm quoting myself... but I should have included this the first time. In addition to the M7 in Super the M7 in Best can be had for under $95. That's a steal.

Everyone on B&B ’needs’ a Simpsons brush (or is that 3!!) :a29:
[/QUOTE]

I believe 3 is correct as that's how many I'll have when mine arrives.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Anyone tried the Simpsons synthetics? The chubby synth appeals. Any good? Because of this thread......
I have two and they are excellent. The current Chubby 2 is 'synthetic bristle' and not 'synthetic badger'. The fibre is the same but the loft is 50mm on the current model compare with 52mm on the earlier version which I have. The Colonel X2L in synthetic is not easy to find.

20200713_193414.jpg

Or jump into the Synthetic via the budget entrance. The Simpsons Trafalgar T3 is IMHO the best bang for buck in synthetic. The knot feels almost exactly like the Frank Shaving 26mm G4 knot, but somehow a little more dense. It could just be the setting - as the Simpsons is a few millimeters lower.

*edit - just checked - the Trafalgar T3 is a 28mm knot, so that might be part of it...
In the immortal words of MCHammer: "I like big synths and I can-not lie..."

Last edited:
Agreed. I believe everyone needs a Chubby also. It’s a Legend and a favorite of mine.

Just started a thread in the club area for “Chubby Chasers” like myself. It’ll be interesting to see how many people love that design like myself.
I’d love to get a chubby some day. I just can’t justify dropping 2 or 3 C notes on a brush with my current financial situation. Perhaps someday when I have more money.

I thought it was Sir Mix a lot
True - it was Mix-a-Lot. I looked it up before the previous post because I couldn't remember and it's widely misappropriated to be from MCHammer. Metrolyrics and the top Youtube vid I found both said MCHammer, but listening to it... it's clearly not Hammer. Ah damn. Fake News has even invaded rap! ;-) Or maybe Hammer wrote it and Mix-a-Lot performed it. There are a few prolific writers whose stuff is performed by others. I remember reading an article - maybe Rolling Stone? Years ago and it was talking about musicians who wrote a lot for others as well as their own bands. For some reason Bruce Hornsby and Phil Collins and Bruce Springsteen come to mind. Also I think Bernie Taupin wrote or collaborated on a lot of Elton's stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom