What's new

Talk me off (or on) the wall

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I had a beard for about 25 years, but I shaved the scruffy stuff on top of the cheeks and another line under the chin. I also had to thin it a couple times a week, so I did get to shave - a little.

But I'm guessing that a neat beard is not going to work for you. I'd leave it. Shave your chest if you're dying to shave something. A pic from my early teaching days.

proxy.php

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Nah. Im’ more of the all or nothing kinda guy. I shave it all. Or I let it go. I’ve only ever trimmed the cheeks, and the stache. TBH, I’m kinda tired of finding beard hair EVERYWHERE.

The beard looks fine.
Keep it until it needs to go.
My friend Jim had a great beard and he shaved it off. Beneath his heavy “woolly bugger” was the Pillsbury Doughboy. A baby faced guy that need to have his rosy cheeks pinched. It was a surprise to many and he grew it back.
If you got it, flaunt it!

It's a gorgeous beard, but it will grow back if you shave it. I never could abide my own beard being long. I always trimmed it pretty aggressively although I've been happy to let my mustache grow long.

The beard looks fine.
Keep it until it needs to go.
My friend Jim had a great beard and he shaved it off. Beneath his heavy “woolly bugger” was the Pillsbury Doughboy. A baby faced guy that need to have his rosy cheeks pinched. It was a surprise to many and he grew it back.
If you got it, flaunt it!
I did this back in July. I had shaved my moustache and cheeks and finally got so sick of the Amish jokes I clean shaved. Then I looked like the Pillsbury doughboy so the beard is starting to come back. And I've been cleaning up the tops of cheeks and bottom of beard to cure the shaving itch, but now my moustache looks like Salvador Dali. And if I shave the moustache the Amish jokes will start again.

I just can't win.

Attachments

• 00D0F8F800000190-4717264-image-m-222_1500641537205.jpg
    00D0F8F800000190-4717264-image-m-222_1500641537205.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 1
I did this back in July. I had shaved my moustache and cheeks and finally got so sick of the Amish jokes I clean shaved. Then I looked like the Pillsbury doughboy so the beard is starting to come back. And I've been cleaning up the tops of cheeks and bottom of beard to cure the shaving itch, but now my moustache looks like Salvador Dali. And if I shave the moustache the Amish jokes will start again.

I just can't win.
Walk like a saint and ZZ Top the beard. It’s all about attitude.

Top Bottom